Unsolvable Trojans and malicious viruses (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hi,

was wondering if anyone has had problems with the about:blank trojan which hijacked my computer. It took over the Internet explorer homepage, to the eventuality of completely blocking me accessing IE. Apparently no anti-virus program has a full definition because it relpicates itself and imbeds itself in the registry.

My father has a real computer whiz friend who has spent 100 hours trying to solve this to no avail. He can only get rid of a certain number of them.

As such, i just had to re-initialise my whole laptop, which is screwed.

anyone else had the same prob, or with similar trojans/viruses?

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
Hi,

was wondering if anyone has had problems with the about:blank trojan which hijacked my computer. It took over the Internet explorer homepage, to the eventuality of completely blocking me accessing IE. Apparently no anti-virus program has a full definition because it relpicates itself and imbeds itself in the registry.

My father has a real computer whiz friend who has spent 100 hours trying to solve this to no avail. He can only get rid of a certain number of them.

As such, i just had to re-initialise my whole laptop, which is screwed.

anyone else had the same prob, or with similar trojans/viruses?
Yeah i got the about:blank thing on my pc a while back. First i used Adaware which helped a little, then tried spyware doctor: it got rid of it for a bit but it came back, Then i tried spybot, same type of thing, got rid of it but it came back. Later i tried AVG and it cleaned the problem right up.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Had the problem and used hijackthis as a last resort (was how i found it) and i got it fixed.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
if you have norton can you block people from hacking your computer if you have installed(not removed yet) the software?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Tuna said:
if you have norton can you block people from hacking your computer if you have installed(not removed yet) the software?
This is not hacking. No amount of Norton protection (however useless it may be) will stop trojans like these. Just a little common sense when browsing and installing programs stop any of these happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)