Unsure of dropping (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
how did you go in the 2u trials?

minimalistik

HSC
Thats real nice. Only one person in my yr got something similar. Though both exams, were out of 84 in my school. He got 100% for Extension 1 and 78/84 for 2Unit which is 93%.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
minimalistik said:
Thats real nice. Only one person in my yr got something similar. Though both exams, were out of 84 in my school. He got 100% for Extension 1 and 78/84 for 2Unit which is 93%.
Was that for Prelim exams?

So have you decided what subjects you're going to carry on to Year 12?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
minimalistik said:
Hey there,
Well I got my results back for the premlinary exams and Im not to happy about them. Currently im doing:

Maths Ex. 1
English Advanced
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion 1
IPT
IT

Now im only concerned about English and Maths right now because I have an initial 2 weeks now if I want to drop. English I didnt do well because pretty much I didnt enjoy Much Ado about Nothing and Heart of Darkness. For Maths, I got only 40% for 2unit and 27% for extension which is bad. Now im really unsure whether I should drop down to 2unit or not. So many of my friends have advised me to stay with 3unit because I would have 12units, I have the "right mind" for 3unit and if I stuff up in some other subject, 3unit could save me but on the other end, my teacher recommedened me to drop to 2unit because I could have more time concetrating on 2unit and since some students previously, who stayed with 3unit, did not do well in their HSC Trials. What im afraid of is that if I stay with 3unit, I wouldnt be able to cope and still have low marks even if I work hard. If I go down to 2unit, I would be more comfortable (of course) but I would have to work hard so that my UAI is still high overall. I was always able to do the 3unit homework but could not do the exam. The prelim exam was the only thing I really went bad in. Topic tests I did alright, passed but never up there. Now for anyone that is in a similar situation, could you please tell what what you think? Should I stick to 3unit or drop? What will the contents of 3unit be next yr?

With English, im not doing well either but really I think, because I didnt enjoy the texts that we were given and because it was on Change. I think with Journey, I can relate better. But you see, im ranked 72/75 for the english adv. Again, the head coordinator advised me to drop and stick with eng standard. But I realised that if I dropped, that I wouldnt get a high uai overall because Eng Stand, you can only get Band 5 (highest) and that not many people were able to get a Band 5 (most got band 4 in my school). He also told me that the texts are easier since there is no Shakespeare and in Standard, you do texts like "The Club", "The Removalists". The English exam, I got 12/15 for the 1st part and I did get higher that the usual high mark people. But the others, I got C and D. Its hard for me to see me drop Maths particulary because my parents are expecting me to do well. As well as im asian, its also hard. A friend my mine was not always up there last yr but this yr somehow hes gone up and I have gone down in marks.

I also realised that I have spent over the last few months, alot of time on the Internet. Sometimes it leads me astray form work. Im working on that now but it clashes with the consideration of dropping. Its particulary due that im fairly interested in web/graphic design and I spend time visiting design portals and participating in forums. I picked up that interest since the start of the yr. Maybe if I leave it for a while, I can do better? I would really like to do well next yr because I do want to make it to USYD or UTS because I want to do something along the lines of IT, visual communcations/digital media and/or IT.

Guys, please give me advice on what should I do with Maths and English im currently doing. Should I stay with both, drop one, keep doing it and drop later, anything that is needed. If you were or are in a similar situation, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks.
After that fucking essay you just wrote, i'd keep english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)