UNSW 17/S2 Official Results Thread (1 Viewer)

Jakulore

HSC
========================================================

Session Course Title Result

T2 ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B....86 HD
T2 FINS1612 Capital Markets & Institution....85 HD
T2 LAWS1061 Torts............................73 CR
T2 MGMT1101 Global Business Environment......89 HD

don't do law lmao.
Agreed... Managed to get a Distinction for Torts but ooh was that harsh...

c_h_eese

HSC
How'd everyone go for mgmt1001? I got 80 but am extremely surprised as I only got like 70s for the assessments. Btw is 80 good for mgmt or average?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd everyone go for mgmt1001? I got 80 but am extremely surprised as I only got like 70s for the assessments. Btw is 80 good for mgmt or average?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
With that mark your like top 10%

phamtom44

HSC
N/A
Session Course Title Result

T2 MECH3610 Advanced Thermofluids............87 HD
T2 MECH4620 Computational Fluid Dynamics.....92 HD
T2 MMAN2100 Engineering Design 2.............85 HD
T2 MMAN3000 Prof Eng and Comm................77 DN

Lol the amount of subjects I've gotten exactly 85 for. Phew

Endangered

HSC
Would you say that an 87 WAM is well sufficient for Stage 1 ASB Deans List? :)

HSC
N/A
Is it normal for COMP1511 to be run so poorly?

It's December 1st and we still haven't received any feedback about our assignments. We got our marks sometime in the last 24 hours, but I have no way of knowing what we lost marks for because there's no feedback. Keep in mind that it's several weeks after our final exam.

Seeing how poorly run this course was, I'm having doubts about whether studying computer science at UNSW is worth the time and money that I'm investing. Are the other COMP courses any better?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

It's December 1st and we still haven't received any feedback about our assignments. We got our marks sometime in the last 24 hours, but I have no way of knowing what we lost marks for because there's no feedback. Keep in mind that it's several weeks after our final exam.

Seeing how poorly run this course was, I'm having doubts about whether studying computer science at UNSW is worth the time and money that I'm investing. Are the other COMP courses any better?
gonna be honest it's only gonna get better

Unsw computing just went under a major restructuring for the degree so you're the first guneia pigs for it

aoc

HSC
Would you say that an 87 WAM is well sufficient for Stage 1 ASB Deans List? :)
87 is a bit iffy it depends on how the cohort goes, so i'd say you have a good shot but its not definite

brendan10x

HSC
Update pls
They made a mistake, passed with 98.

Funny story.Think this is the last semester you can do it, but basically I had a 90% weighted final. Wei Gao (the course coordinator for CVEN1300) had this policy were if you didnt attend the 2 quizzes (20% each) and didnt do the assignment (10%) it'll be added on to the 50% final, hence making mine worth 90%. No medical certifcate/reason was needed, just any non-attendance and the weight would be automatically shifted to the finals. Me being a bludger throughout the semester and always behind, decided to skip all the quizzes and didnt even bother with the easy 10% assignment. Exam day comes, and Wei Gao gave a really nice and easy exam and had similar qs to past papers (Also keep in mind, that the dude is really nice and made it unlimited open book (which i abused the living hell by printing out all the solutions to past papers,tuts,etc)). So ye I did pretty good due to Wei Gaos kindness

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

Funny story.Think this is the last semester you can do it, but basically I had a 90% weighted final. Wei Gao (the course coordinator for CVEN1300) had this policy were if you didnt attend the 2 quizzes (20% each) and didnt do the assignment (10%) it'll be added on to the 50% final, hence making mine worth 90%. No medical certifcate/reason was needed, just any non-attendance and the weight would be automatically shifted to the finals. Me being a bludger throughout the semester and always behind, decided to skip all the quizzes and didnt even bother with the easy 10% assignment. Exam day comes, and Wei Gao gave a really nice and easy exam and had similar qs to past papers (Also keep in mind, that the dude is really nice and made it unlimited open book (which i abused the living hell by printing out all the solutions to past papers,tuts,etc)). So ye I did pretty good due to Wei Gaos kindness
mfw going from 10 to 98

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

jesus lol

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
T2 ACCT3601 Global Financial Reporting &.....85 HD
T2 LAWS1091 Business Associations............75 DN
T2 LAWS2270 Law in the Global Context........73 CR
T2 LAWS2351 Court Process, Evidence, Proof...58 PS

The whole spectrum of marks (besides a fail mark) this semester with a HD, DN, CR and a PS.

4 years into my degree and now I've gotten my first pass ever.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC

Things just didn't work out that great this semester for COMP1511, most courses usually aren't like this (in fact, you usually get COMP marks way before other subjects)

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC

Now THIS is WAM-boosting!

Hillsdbdsndmldsl

HSC

How long do you think it'll take for the new mark to be entered? Last Friday my lecturer told me he would update my mark but I haven't seen any changes on myUNSW yet.

brendan10x

HSC
How long do you think it'll take for the new mark to be entered? Last Friday my lecturer told me he would update my mark but I haven't seen any changes on myUNSW yet.
Results came out last thursday 9pm for me. Saw there was a mistake and immediately emailed my course coordinator. I checked the email the next day in the morning (Friday) and he replied saying there was a mistake and I had passed and would shortly be updated. Later the day, Friday 6pm is when myUNSW/academic transcripts are updated, and indeed it was corrected for me

So your one should have definitely been fixed, contact him ASAP, maybe even call his number during the day. Think you have 15days to lodge a complaint when you get results.

HSC
N/A
T2 ACCT3601 Global Financial Reporting &.....85 HD
T2 LAWS1091 Business Associations............75 DN
T2 LAWS2270 Law in the Global Context........73 CR
T2 LAWS2351 Court Process, Evidence, Proof...58 PS

The whole spectrum of marks (besides a fail mark) this semester with a HD, DN, CR and a PS.

4 years into my degree and now I've gotten my first pass ever.
LAWS2351 was hard :(
Who did you have?

Also, mind sharing your views on ACCT3601? Like the ease and content? :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
LAWS2351 was hard :(
Who did you have?

Also, mind sharing your views on ACCT3601? Like the ease and content? :)
Content-wise:
- It's essentially 95% qualitative and 5% quantitative. It's all about your ability to construct arguments.
- 13 weeks worth of qualitative content does add up to a lot BUT you can 'BS' your way through in most circumstances.

Ease-wise:
- If you can't write (which applies to a lot of Accounting students), you may struggle. It's nothing like your financial accounting courses.
- In the 25% mid sem, based on the grade distributions on average in the last few years - I'd say an approximate distribution would be like 5% of people get HD, 15% of people get a DN, 20% of people get a CR, 40% of people get a pass, 20% of people get a FL. Note that only about 30-35 students do this subject for a typical semester. However, I'd say the mark distribution for OVERALL marks would be slightly better.
- This subject isn't conceptually hard but people would claim that it's 'marked hard' because writing is just hard for most Accounting students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)