UNSW AAA Scholarship (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys, I was reading up on the UNSW AAA Scholarship after attending the UNSW info day and my only question is that, are all schools notified of this opportunity and then, they select a student that fit this criteria (of academic achievement). I was just asking because my school is usually not really involved in these kind of things and would I have to ask them etc?

The scholarship stated the best student academically for both Year 11 and 12 should receive this. At this point in time, I received the Dux for the preliminary year and I will attempt again for the HSC year. Should I ask the school about it, if I do receive Dux for the HSC?

Cheers

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
the principal nominates one student.... this year the dux didnt get it, it went to someone that asked for it. No one else wanted to go to unsw so he scored lol.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
At my school, it was down to myself and this other girl - however I think I was more likely to put a first preference for UNSW and thus I got it. In the end, she got 98.45 - so... I don't really believe the certificate when it says "Most outstanding student" or whatever =P

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I got the UWS one last year but hope for UNSW AAA this year. =]

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if my school is involved. Um what if your yr11 results weren't so great? :/

germansuplex

HSC
This is the one thing that saved my life. Definitely love those bonus points.

JkbOii

HSC
Haha, I didn't get the UWS scholarship even though I came first in year 11. :S

Even though I got dux with 98.65, I got the AAA scholarship because I was the only person going to UNSW :p

jayy100

HSC
N/A
WOW, the UWS is $20 000? WTF, thats alot =\

and is the UNSW one, purely based off year 12 results?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
WOW, the UWS is $20 000? WTF, thats alot =\

and is the UNSW one, purely based off year 12 results?
You could survive off the UWS scholarship! haha

The UNSW was offered to me based on my trial results (although it was a choice between two of us, and the other girl was definitely going to Bond - because she could afford it), so I got it. Usually based on assessments, teacher's opinions and trial results.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
That's weird.... I got DUX of my school and "The Most Outstanding Year 11 Award" and it said "University of Western Sydney" but I didn't get a cheque or anything. My school is also in the Greater Western Area... HMM...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That's weird.... I got DUX of my school and "The Most Outstanding Year 11 Award" and it said "University of Western Sydney" but I didn't get a cheque or anything. My school is also in the Greater Western Area... HMM...
You mean DUX of Year 11? These awards are for Year 11's as far as I know. I haven't heard of a year 11 student being awarded either scholarship.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Really? Theres a letter that comes with the framed award. You have to send the letters back to UWS and they put $500 in your bank account.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yeah, I got DUX of year 11 and that award. They were separate awards. But I didn't get a framed award. It was just a piece of paper saying "The Most Outstanding Year 11 Award" and "University of Western Sydney"

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Btw, when do people actually receive these awards?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I got it, a week before school ended. Did you attend presentation night?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I got it, a week before school ended. Did you attend presentation night?
I did, I even got my award, it was just a sheet of paper saying all that stuff. No one else got any award that was similar like that.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Btw, can people receive it this year, as in, the award was for last year, but the school gives it early this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)