UNSW BSoc O-Camp (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
SD, i havent studied. lol. forgot how to integrate.

Spiral still owes me a lesson of how to integrate in my head.
ohhhhhhh

Well, we're making it a spectator sport. We booked a lecture theatre specifically for this purpose :p

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Is this tomorrow? Or what day is it? I could quickly look thru terry lee.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thursday.

We're on the O-Week "What's On" actually. totally legit

williamdaft

HSC
Massive GG no re

srs
Massive GG indeed..

Left my house at 7:30..

Traffic trolls me.
Arrive city at 9:20.. Friend in UNSW already texts me tickets are pretty much gone.

Arrive at UNSW a bit prior 10..

What even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Massive GG indeed..

Left my house at 7:30..

Traffic trolls me.
Arrive city at 9:20.. Friend in UNSW already texts me tickets are pretty much gone.

Arrive at UNSW a bit prior 10..

What even

your mistake is driving to unsw

williamdaft

HSC
your mistake is driving to unsw
I took a bus then a bus (longest time ever)
If I drove, it probably would've even taken longer!

Also thanks to all the uni Bosers who helped with which method of transport is cheapest - mymulti1 wkly

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you ask to be put on reserve list (if they taking one this year)?? People sometimes drop out last minute just saying

EDIT

I think what happened is that people bought for their friends as well. I think you can buy max 2 tickets per person. So 60 people probs bought it by 9:30. Makes sense. (only need 30 second or so to place a deposit and fill out your details)

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you ask to be put on reserve list (if they taking one this year)?? People sometimes drop out last minute just saying

EDIT

I think what happened is that people bought for their friends as well. I think you can buy max 2 tickets per person. So 60 people probs bought it by 9:30. Makes sense. (only need 30 second or so to place a deposit and fill out your details)
No. I was there at 9. The 50m line moved 2m in 1hr.

Also people are unlikely to drop out because of non-refundable deposit.

michaeljennings

HSC
Also people are unlikely to drop out because of non-refundable deposit.
This statement is amusing because you'll learn in micro that the non-refundable deposit is a sunk cost and therefore should have no influence on the decision to drop out or not

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
This statement is amusing because you'll learn in micro that the non-refundable deposit is a sunk cost and therefore should have no influence on the decision to drop out or not
But logically, wouldn't people won't want to avoid losing the $50 deposit. They might as well 'use' (for the lack of any word on my mind) up their $50 as part of their entire payment.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But logically, wouldn't people won't want to avoid losing the $50 deposit. They might as well 'use' (for the lack of any word on my mind) up their $50 as part of their entire payment.
No, because whether you go to the camp or not, you cannot change the loss of $50. Therefore, it should not be a factor at all.

The only determining factor should be whether the potential benefits outweigh the costs. (i probably worded that a bit wrong but yeah)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
No, because whether you go to the camp or not, you cannot change the loss of $50. Therefore, it should not be a factor at all.

The only determining factor should be whether the potential benefits outweigh the costs. (i probably worded that a bit wrong but yeah)
I wouldn't really call it a loss, if it makes up part of your entire payment.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I wouldn't really call it a loss, if it makes up part of your entire payment.
Point is, you can't recoup it. Therefore it shouldn't factor in.

What you can decide is whether to go through with it, so you have to determine whether the benefits of camp in total outweigh the $200 or so and opportunity cost, etc. of actually proceeding with the booking - because that is what you can change.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Point is, you can't recoup it. Therefore it shouldn't factor in.

What you can decide is whether to go through with it, so you have to determine whether the benefits of camp in total outweigh the $200 or so and opportunity cost, etc. of actually proceeding with the booking - because that is what you can change.
Yes ofc you can't recoup it. Thats the point of a non-refundable deposit.

But do you understand my line of reasoning and the point I'm trying to make here? I'm saying because people have entered in their $50, they may not want to pull out, as they will consider this as a waste of money. Rather, because they have put in $50 already, they might as well go to the camp and utilise the $50 they have put in as part of the entire payment and go to the camp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)