UNSW cheer squad!! (1 Viewer)

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
Ok, first of all, i didn't mean to offend people, so sorry.
And i'm not exactly looking to avoid stereotypes. They can be fun, and sometimes it's enjoyable to play up to them even when they don't apply to you.
As for the word geek, honestly i consider it a complement. I'm a bit of a geek *cough 3 distinctions and a credit cough* lol

But seriously, the squad isn't scared of stereotypes. If you call us bimbos it doesn't matter because i've got girls from law, engineering, commerce and all sorts of subjects. We know we aren't what the stereotypes call us so it doesn't matter. Stereotypes only hurt when you're afraid they're true.

Onto the whole American, sporting hero cliche... we don't need to cheer for "macho" sports players to be cheerleaders. At the moment, we're independent, having fun and learning some skills on our own. Later we might move into competitions or something.
It's just about us having fun, not about what everybody thinks of us, not about attention.
Having said that, i'm not a bitch, and if i offended people with the geek remarks all i can say in my defence is that i love geeks!

^_^

P.S. Does anybody know what Curry's issue is??
Probly just jealous cause he wishes he could talk to a cheerleader... umm, i mean, a fine athlete, who's outfit has nothing to do with her success. hehehe
;)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I'm hearing rumours all over the place that Foundation Day is off this year; I still think it's bullshit. It's Foundation Day. Fuck.

Pace_T

HSC
Curry said:
Hey guys I still hate everyone. Just letting you know. :p

LOL, funny post dude

zwee, u should noe better than to throw around the word geek in the unsw forums. of course people are going to suspiciously defend geeks straight away ;)
3dn and 1cr is hardly nerdy. the real hardcore geeks dont even go on the net coz they study that hard :eek:
it'd be so fun to cheer on the chess players. but i'd have more fun just yelling at the top of my lungs punitive comments to the opposition while theyre trying to think would be so funny hahaha

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
Nah, cheerleading isn't going to uni games.
Maybe it's something we could think about for the future. But we're just a baby squad :p

Everyone stop with your crazy Foundation Day is off crap. It's on.

And yeah, basically I'm not scared to throw the word geek around, because hard core geeks don't care, people who do are just geek posers. hehehe

That's all
mwa, Zoe.
^_^

sunny

meh.
HSC
zwee said:
Nah, cheerleading isn't going to uni games.
Thats a shame...it would be a good chance for your squad to do your stuff supporting the UNSW teams.

I remember one year one of the unis brought their cheerleading along to uni games I think it was Macquarie Uni...

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
Yeah, it would be pretty awesome to come to uni games.
I'll have to look into it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
zwee said:
Yeah, it would be pretty awesome to come to uni games.
I'll have to look into it.
You'll need to talk to Morgan at the SA.

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
If you do want to join, feel free to come to our stand on Foundation Day and leave your name and email.
Or email me at unswcheersoc@hotmail.com
Or, if you don't really want to join, but just want to be funny... well done, comedic genius :D
See you at Foundation Day.
Our stand will be right near the anzac parade entrance by the way, can't remember if i mentioned that.
Zoe.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Are you donating blood before Friday?

CSE Revue seem cool. Was thinking of joining solely because of the sin city parody they did.

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
You play football and want to be a cheerleader? That's so cool.
I feel a revolution coming on.
hahaha

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
Hi everybody!!
The UNSW cheer squad is starting general training on Wednesday August 29th. 8-10 am.
It will be every Wednesday in this time slot from now on.
And every Saturday from 12-2 pm.
Training will be held on the Physics lawn for the time being.
A $5 membership fee allows you to attend as many sessions as you like for a year.
The first session, on the 29th, is open for anyone to come along to without paying, as a trial, to see if they want to join.
See ya,
Zoe.

^_^

zwee

Cool Cat
HSC
UNSW Cheer Squad, new training times:
Mondays, 5-7 pm
Wednesdays, 8-11 am
Physics lawn, UNSW

Guys and Girls welcome, no experience necessary.
It's so much fun, come try it out!!
Zoe.
^_^

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
HEYA ZOE!!! :wave:
Can't wait til training for O-Week starts!

Pace_T

HSC
you know, ive always wanted to become a cheerleader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)