UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peri24

HSC
how many subjects are you doing? If you're doing 2 you can't get student concession for travel.

but if you are doing 2 subjects, enrol in 3 subjects, get the student concession from fm assist and then immediately unenrol from the third subject
dis 1.

pHyRe

HSC
I heard it on Weldon 'UNSW' Chau (not sure with spelling), it seemed like a legit thing. Better than "never stand still" lol
people probably say it sarcastically. like YOLO or whatever. never heard anyone actually say YOLO and mean it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
from B Comm (accounting + finance) at Macquarie to B Comm (accounting + finance). lol pro uni aye. any cons about UNSW at all?
Well, UNSW's Commerce faculty is considered as 'better' or more prestigious. That's a pro.

Cons? Lots of stairs. If you're not into Asians, gl finding someone you like in the Business faculty, dubbed "Asian School of Business", etc.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
from B Comm (accounting + finance) at Macquarie to B Comm (accounting + finance). lol pro uni aye. any cons about UNSW at all?
its a big campus and there is a lot of walking. I don't like walking, im not fat just very lazy. UNSW should invest in segways. Perhaps the engineering faculty could do something about this?

crazy_paki123

HSC
i dont mind stairs too much, are asians like all chinese etc or does asian mean curries too? the main thing im "scared" about is the results lol. Most of the people are probs ppl that got 96+ Atars and will be harder to get the distinctions and high distinctions :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
When are we able to get our Student ID cards with 2014 travel concessions?

Thanks! :)
Probably O-Week, late February.

i dont mind stairs too much, are asians like all chinese etc or does asian mean curries too? the main thing im "scared" about is the results lol. Most of the people are probs ppl that got 96+ Atars and will be harder to get the distinctions and high distinctions :)
Indians you'll probably find are doing Engineering. Chinese people you'll find are doing Commerce.

in general

D94

HSC
N/A
Awwww. Could have saved $100's on bus fare. I remember reading in one of the UNSW pamphlets that there are over 1700 free express buses that travel to unsw, clearly I have been mislead. Still, don't doubt the new south (do people actually say this?$
Fairly certain it said 1700 "new" or "extra" express bus services, but definitely not free. But if you have evidence to show otherwise, feel free to link us.

its a big campus and there is a lot of walking. I don't like walking, im not fat just very lazy. UNSW should invest in segways. Perhaps the engineering faculty could do something about this?
You won't be doing much walking if you choose your classes right. The class timetables indicate which rooms you'll be in, so you can structure a timetable so you might only be in 2 buildings close by or something like that.

When are we able to get our Student ID cards with 2014 travel concessions?

Thanks! :)
Give it around 24 to 48 hours after you enrol to let the system process your application, then any time after that you can head to UNSW FM Assist and receive your ID card and travel concession. Remember to look at the camera.

You should probably call FM Assist before going, unless you live nearby.

Indians you'll probably find are doing Engineering. Chinese people you'll find are doing Commerce.

in general
Not a good generalisation for Engineering. It's a reasonable mix, not really dominated by one or the other. Also depends on which engineering stream.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
everyone at unsw is assumed to be chinese until proven otherwise

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Already made one.

Unfortunately my school is keeping it as they funded our project.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Give it around 24 to 48 hours after you enrol to let the system process your application, then any time after that you can head to UNSW FM Assist and receive your ID card and travel concession. Remember to look at the camera.

You should probably call FM Assist before going, unless you live nearby.
LOOOL thanks man. I'll probably go next Wednesday considering I have a doctors appointment at my other uni UTS. I'll withdraw out of UTS by the end of this month hopefully.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Basser steps are nasty. But going down them and celebrating the fact that you're making the trip down and giving people going up that smarmy look partially makes up for it.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Fairly certain it said 1700 "new" or "extra" express bus services, but definitely not free. But if you have evidence to show otherwise, feel free to link us.

i cant find it anymore. It was in the brochure with the black cover that said "experience UNSW" and had the pictures of the buses and all these stastics. I know i sound paranoid (and it's not that big of an issue) but i know i saw it!

You won't be doing much walking if you choose your classes right. The class timetables indicate which rooms you'll be in, so you can structure a timetable so you might only be in 2 buildings close by or something like that.
how can you chose your classes right?

and can someone help me with this: http://www.gettingstarted.unsw.edu.au/accept-domestic-undergraduate-postgraduate-uac-direct

it says click the sign on tab and then the "my applications" tab but i dont see it. or am i 3 hours too early?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
hey D94, what is mechanical engineering like anyway? after giving up on actuary; I want to do engineering but i like all of them except biomed. how can i chose. IIRC i think i put flexable as my choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)