UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

you disgust me

how you can cram your feet into that tiny box all day and not get even slightly uncomfortable, I do not know.
Dress shoes, best shoes
How can you not enjoy feeling like a boss ahahaha

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

tapping was the word you were looking for

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Lol lectures specifically aren't worth attending since online recordings are available and most of the content is available in the course package. I could work through the lecture material in half or less of the time if I worked at my own paced. You also don't make friends at lectures due the lack of interactivity between peers.

Flop21

HSC

Lol lectures specifically aren't worth attending since online recordings are available and most of the content is available in the course package. I could work through the lecture material in half or less of the time if I worked at my own paced. You also don't make friends at lectures due the lack of interactivity between peers.
I've made friends in every class through lectures. Mainly because there's just so many people, and so many people don't know anyone, so it's perfectly okay to go up to a stranger and say hi and sit with them. Key is talking to them before/after.

The audio is so bad on the lecture recordings though!

Kaido

be.
HSC

First day at uni and I get to help at BSOC Careers Fair hehehe, that was fun

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Did that impromptu design thing. I shouldn't have sat with the flashy kids. There was no innovation and unwillingness to make improvements. They simply aimed to have a functional tower. We ended up with a tower average in height but it could have been so much higher. I don't even know why they agreed to have a 3 cup base tower when addition support wasn't required. I thought the best idea was to stack paddlepop sticks in rows of 3 at the base as they seemed to be the most stable then build upwards from there. Oh, the misallocation of resources. We had limited cardboard but someone decided it was a good idea to use it to cover up an area which could have been covered with paper. Guess, that's engineering. Dealing with other people.

I've made friends in every class through lectures. Mainly because there's just so many people, and so many people don't know anyone, so it's perfectly okay to go up to a stranger and say hi and sit with them. Key is talking to them before/after.

The audio is so bad on the lecture recordings though!
Friends or are you merely interacting with your peers?

Last edited:

klavier

HSC

Did that impromptu design thing. I shouldn't have sat with the flashy kids. There was no innovation and unwillingness to make improvements. They simply aimed to have a functional tower. We ended up with a tower average in height but it could have been so much higher. I don't even know why they agreed to have a 3 cup base tower when addition support wasn't required. I thought the best idea was to stack paddlepop sticks in rows of 3 at the base as they seemed to be the most stable then build upwards from there. Oh, the misallocation of resources. We had limited cardboard but someone decided it was a good idea to use it to cover up an area which could have been covered with paper. Guess, that's engineering. Dealing with other people.
If you have such meltdown on impromptu design then I'm afraid you will completely perish in MMAN2100

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Friends or are you merely interacting with your peers?
Riperino mman2100 what klavier said

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

This. Engineering in general.
I did write it in a way that made me seem butthurt and I knew that at the time of writing but I didn't mention that I actually had fun. It was more of a conflict with my interest. I wanted to maximise the height of the tower but they didn't share the same motive. I wasn't pissed just somewhat disappointed. Also, we lost 1 mark and got 9/10 :(

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A

I did write it in a way that made me seem butthurt and I knew that at the time of writing but I didn't mention that I actually had fun. It was more of a conflict with my interest. I wanted to maximise the height of the tower but they didn't share the same motive. I wasn't pissed just somewhat disappointed. Also, we lost 1 mark and got 9/10 :(
Well, learn to comprise and find middle ground cause in all your group projects. If you're lucky you might get other high achiever in your group. But most of the time, you'll get a slacker or no and people who struggle to communicate. Try not to sweat the small stuff.

Imagine your last year with your final design course where you actually have to design something for an external company. You're going to legit go gray.

D94

HSC
N/A

I don't really know what you mean by that.
He means the people that you conversed with aren't really 'friends' right now. They are just your peers. As you get to know them better, if they become people you can trust, rely on, feel comfortable with etc., then you might say they are your 'friends'.

Flop21

HSC

He means the people that you conversed with aren't really 'friends' right now. They are just your peers. As you get to know them better, if they become people you can trust, rely on, feel comfortable with etc., then you might say they are your 'friends'.
Yeah well I'd call them my friends. I can't go into any relationship with anyone without seeing them as a friend right from the start. Because usually if I have that mindset of "yeah that's just some random peer/person I know", they'll stay that way.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Was so bored that i played a game of lol in the library. 9 pin 0.0 even better than the internet at home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)