UNSW chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

Gay, my mining engineering project team consist of 2 international students and a guy that didn't bother attending the lecture.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

sounds about right

lel
Lmao, I just found out the last guy is also an international student :(. Far, they didn't bother balancing the teams at all. I had a look around and I just got unlucky. A majority of the people had their full group and fluent english speakers.

lolwot

HSC

UNSW Lecture Recordings System

We are currently experiencing an issue with the UNSW Lecture Recordings system. Users are unable to access recordings and we are unable to add any new ad hoc recording requests. UNSW IT are working urgently to fix the issue.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

Experiment:
1. Put all the International Students in the same groups (and exclusively them).
2. Record your results.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

I had 3 international student on the same table as me during phys lab. Never had to rely on my mandarin so much.

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

HAHA. Are international students really that bad?:p half the internationals are worked with were pretty Good! They were Singaporeans though.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

HAHA. Are international students really that bad?:p half the internationals are worked with were pretty Good! They were Singaporeans though.
Nah, main problem is they dont understand english. Thence they can't speak english. If you can speak their language and take some time to explain the question they become really good. Cause the maths they learn is more complicated than the hsc shit.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Well depends if you can communicate with them or not...

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Any1 willing to offer me advice on whether I should drop to math 1131? I got very high e4 for 3 unit but very low e3 for 4 unit. I practically remember nothing about 4 unit. From what I've gathered, you will get good marks if you dedicate time to 1141. However, how much time? If I dropped to 1131 and gained a lot of extra time, I could just reallocate that time into my other subjects and get higher marks there. Anyway, how much more extra time on average does 1141 take?

About the international students, it's because their grammar isn't great and they aren't able to form succinct sentences as well which is crucial in report writing. Fortunately, it's just a presentation so I don't have to waste too much time editing it. Also, I kind of wanted to form strong bonds with my group but our interests are just too different.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Cos they're Singaporean lol

We're talking about straight outta China or Korea

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad

Cos they're Singaporean lol

We're talking about straight outta China or Korea
O. I never worked with them before :p Can imagine the frustration though.

My friends and I were joking the other day on how for every 'ten rows of people' you pass by on the main walkway, 8/10 rows sound like they are students from china XD

Renko

HSC

How did they get in without some decent fluency in english? GL to those doing comp1917 where we get marked on diary entries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)