• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Unsw co-op 2009 (2 Viewers)

LordPc

HSC
lol, you're thinking about this the wrong way.

you will be the one person they remember after all of the interviews. its much better if they remember you than if they are looking over the names at the end of the day and say

"who is this Alice Welling? I dont remember her at all"

Winn

HSC
Just got back from the airport^^
All I can say now is THEY ARE OVER!!!
For the BIT interview...lmao. The professor guy asked me what aspect of business am I interested in the most, and I said macroeconomics, only to realise later that he was a MICROECONOMICS professor.:p I pretty much just rambled XD.
My PV one was better I think...but who knows.

Oh and if anyone cares, I was the girl who came half way through Christine's presentation on the briefing day because my plane was 1 hour late.:eek:

LordPc

HSC
there are 10 people being interviewed. getting remembered is not an issue.
hehe, they must have a (damn) good memory then.

i spent the entire day talking with friends and i can only remember a few things that were said

blueberry08

HSC
hahaha at the reception they were like 'what's your name?' 'I'm -------' then they're like, oh good, you're on today, we've already had one girl come in today when her interview was tomorrow.

lol
omg yeah thats me xD
lol im glad they found it amusing
btws r u going 2 the MC dinner thing? what do we do there?

@LordPc: haha thanx for the encouragement, I hope they remember as the overly-eager girl nd nt a dumbass who oni checked the time but nt the date of the interview

blueberry08

HSC
ummm i think we just meet malcolm chaikin himself, as well get out certificates, and just meet each other....
interview was crap nd they still remember me from yessie =(
how long was ur interview? The girl be4 was in there for half an hour bt my one oni went for 15 min xD
oh well Im gonna kiss MC goodbye
hopefully i'll get co-op bt my chance isnt lookin very bright...

Winn

HSC
Results come out tomorrow right?
I am so nervous. =/

Winn

HSC
Yep. How were ur interviews?
http://community.boredofstudies.org.../226544/unsw-co-op-2009-a/21.html#post4749300
^^ They were alright.

i didn't realise that there were so few places lol there's like 4 for mech, and there were 30 people interviewed (approx) but some of those would've been 2nd and 3rd preferences....
Lol, there were 2 scholarships for PV, and at least 20 people interviewed- about 20 were there on briefing day.
EDIT: Do the preferences matter?

Winn

HSC
wow.....ah well i'm not too fussed if i don't get it - really really don't like the fact you're locked in...
I WANT IT!:p
I seriously doubt I will make it though. I was really surprised to get any interviews at all!

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yeahh fair enough - but if you want to change degrees, or want to do something else, you have to pay most of the money back!
Yeah, that's pretty bad...But do you still pay back if you were dropped because you didn't meet the requirement? (e.g. Credit or D average)

Winn

HSC
You have a point, but I think that is why they ask you to make sure you have a genuine interest in the chosen degree before accepting any offers. I mean, it is reasonable too- why would a mining company, say, pay that much money for a mining engineering student who decides he doesn't like engineering and will transfer to Arts half way through?

So if you get it, will you reject it? :O

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You have a point, but I think that is why they ask you to make sure you have a genuine interest in the chosen degree before accepting any offers. I mean, it is reasonable too- why would a mining company, say, pay that much money for a mining engineering student who decides he doesn't like engineering and will transfer to Arts half way through?

So if you get it, will you reject it? :O
I think sikhman should get like few other Scholarship offers anyway. Co-op wouldn't be the best for him hahaha

For me, I would accept Actuarial anyday.

Winn

HSC
I think sikhman should get like few other Scholarship offers anyway. Co-op wouldn't be the best for him hahaha

For me, I would accept Actuarial anyday.
Argh, you elites lol. Envious much? :p
I would be so over the moon if I get PV.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Argh, you elites lol. Envious much? :p
I would be so over the moon if I get PV.
lol let's pray for the best.

I am just very thankful that chance for actuarial is 1/4...much better than engineerings..

Winn

HSC
lol i don't think i'll be getting too many actual offers...

pv = photovoltaics? unsw is building an epic new building for that aren't they?
Apparently so. But that's gonna take a while lol.

@Namu,
I actually think I have a better chance in PV (1/10 chance) than BIT (1/4 chance):p.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Deputy Vice Chancellor. What a title. That's like....secondary to the second man (or woman).

Winn

HSC
ah k because i was talking to the deputy vice chancellor and he was saying it won't take too long, as they're starting next week...
:cry:Stop it!!! You are making PV sound so awesome-->me becoming extremely keen to get Coop-->more disappointed when I get my rejection. =/

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ah k because i was talking to the deputy vice chancellor and he was saying it won't take too long, as they're starting next week...
geez, you talk to all the high-profile people ><

i think if i become close friend with u, i will get to see high-profile people like jaesun choi ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)