Unsw co-op 2009 (1 Viewer)

vivien023

HSC
it doesnt seem like many people here got accounting?
does anyone know how many they are accepting this year?

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
Does anybody know how competitive Actuarial Studies is in comparison to the other business courses?

Maybe the number of places they offered fro Actuarial Studies last year.

How many people got an interview? 100s?
Well, conventionally, Actuarial Studies and Finance are considered to be the more popular business degrees for Co-op applicants. So they have the most spaces--around 14-ish scholars each year. I think, from when I asked at Open Day, that they have around 3-ish interviews per position, so I'm guessing that they might have around 40 interviewees for Act. and Finance...? But then again, considering how the Finance interview is cut down to 15 minutes while Actuarial Studies is still 30 minutes like all the other 'less positions' areas, maybe that's not true. =\ But I do recall her (the woman that I was talking to) mentioning something around 40-50 for finance. =\

>.> I think that we need someone to call up and ask .. xD Add it to the post-HSC things to do list.

As for accounting and marketing and so forth, they have fewer spaces, sometimes even as low as around 6-ish... so it's understandable that they have fewer interview spaces, methinks. =S

Agent48

HSC
Got one for Computer Science - not sure if that means I can still pursue my double degree with Electrical Engineering?

Congrats to everyone who received one by the way.

luk3tm

HSC
N/A
I missed out, am I the only one lol? What were the chances of securing engineering co-op interviews (civil, mech, electric, photo)?

Anyway, I shall apply next year at least then I will know what stream I want to do.

vivien023

HSC
LOL! Yep. ^^ Hi~ who are you? xD
haha wow small world.

it's vivien from drdu who always sees u around uni open days and stuff

lols..if u remember me ! i sat at the front with yiling for drdu maths? !

haha so once again grats on actuarial studies and finance!

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
haha wow small world.

it's vivien from drdu who always sees u around uni open days and stuff

lols..if u remember me ! i sat at the front with yiling for drdu maths? !

haha so once again grats on actuarial studies and finance!
Haha thanks~ Wow~~ I didn't know that you wanted to be an accountant!! Did you try for cadetships/B.Acc?

Hmm...does anyone know which one is generally harder to get into and why? Finance or actuarial? =\ Because both seem exceptionally challenging, but it'll be some comfort to know that one's slightly easier.. =S

vivien023

HSC
Haha thanks~ Wow~~ I didn't know that you wanted to be an accountant!! Did you try for cadetships/B.Acc?

Hmm...does anyone know which one is generally harder to get into and why? Finance or actuarial? =\ Because both seem exceptionally challenging, but it'll be some comfort to know that one's slightly easier.. =S
haha yeahh =]
Yeah i did try for those but didnt get through wbu?
Nah sorry im not sure which one is hardeR? i guess it depends on how many people they are expecting to accept as co-op scholars?

lol yeahh u got into two very gud ones!

Anyone else we know got co-op?

HSC
Well, conventionally, Actuarial Studies and Finance are considered to be the more popular business degrees for Co-op applicants. So they have the most spaces--around 14-ish scholars each year. I think, from when I asked at Open Day, that they have around 3-ish interviews per position, so I'm guessing that they might have around 40 interviewees for Act. and Finance...? But then again, considering how the Finance interview is cut down to 15 minutes while Actuarial Studies is still 30 minutes like all the other 'less positions' areas, maybe that's not true. =\ But I do recall her (the woman that I was talking to) mentioning something around 40-50 for finance. =\

>.> I think that we need someone to call up and ask .. xD Add it to the post-HSC things to do list.

As for accounting and marketing and so forth, they have fewer spaces, sometimes even as low as around 6-ish... so it's understandable that they have fewer interview spaces, methinks. =S
Wow... a 1 in 3 chance of getting the coop for actuarial studies... that seems really high.

kickass91

HSC
this year's intake for finance is most probably lower due to the gfc

IAU001

HSC
anyone know what information systems and management involves? because i have no idea and got selected for it lol :p

also what sort of questions should one expect in the interview?

thanks =)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
anyone know what information systems and management involves? because i have no idea and got selected for it lol :p

also what sort of questions should one expect in the interview?

thanks =)
Questions you should expect:

Interviewer: Hello there, introduce me to yourself.
Intervieweee: IAU001.
Interview: Aren't you k...
*IAU001 has left the conservation*

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hmm...did anyone get finance WITHOUT having finance as they first pref?

untouchablecuz

HSC
hey guys

is the ATAR of 95.7 simply an obstacle or does a higher ATAR ensure a greater chancer of being offered co-op

lets say i excel at the interview, but i dont reach my predicted ATAR; will i still be chosen?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hey guys

is the ATAR of 95.7 simply an obstacle or does a higher ATAR ensure a greater chancer of being offered co-op
You have to understand that they offer positions to you before they know your ATAR. But good ranks/marks on your reports and etc. do help u

untouchablecuz

HSC
You have to understand that they offer positions to you before they know your ATAR. But good ranks/marks on your reports and etc. do help u
are you serious

so now that i have secured an interview (and i have good internal marks/ranks), they don't care about the final ATAR?

bloody awesome

thanks mate

untouchablecuz

HSC
on another note, does anyone know when we hear from UTS? i've applied for like 5 scholarships but i haven't recieved any word from them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)