• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Combined Law (1 Viewer)

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I want to confirm a couple of things after speaking to UAC.

They told me that my tertiary marks in addition to my ATAR will be taken into account when applying for an external transfer to UNSW. However, when I called UNSW they told me that I need to ask UAC for what is taken into account... So I emailed UAC and they told me I need to speak to UNSW... Now I have no idea who I am supposed to ask what grades are assessed.

They have both told me that my ATAR AND my tertiary marks will be used when assessing my application even after completing 2 years of uni. However, for the longest time now I haven seen and been told that after 1 year of uni, ONLY my uni marks will be used. UAC also told me that they convert marks to a 7 point scale, not 4. Can anyone who has transferred please clarify?

Lastly, are applications looked less favourably upon when you choose to do 18 uoc per sem instead of 24 in hopes to achieve a higher average?

Thanks in advance for everyone who will be inputting to this question.

jaydizzlegear

HSC
They told me that my tertiary marks in addition to my ATAR will be taken into account when applying for an external transfer to UNSW. However, when I called UNSW they told me that I need to ask UAC for what is taken into account... So I emailed UAC and they told me I need to speak to UNSW... Now I have no idea who I am supposed to ask what grades are assessed.

They have both told me that my ATAR AND my tertiary marks will be used when assessing my application even after completing 2 years of uni. However, for the longest time now I haven seen and been told that after 1 year of uni, ONLY my uni marks will be used.
I believe for UNSW Law, both ATAR and GPA will be taken into account, no matter how many years at University you have done.

UAC also told me that they convert marks to a 7 point scale, not 4. Can anyone who has transferred please clarify?
That just means they convert your marks to a GPA score on the 7 point scale, rather than the 4 point scale UTS uses. Google how to calculate GPA for Australian universities and you will be able to calculate it yourself based on your results at university.

Lastly, are applications looked less favourably upon when you choose to do 18 uoc per sem instead of 24 in hopes to achieve a higher average?
I believe you need to have had an EFTSL (equivalent full time study load) of 0.5 on average each semester, which means 24 credit points each semester to transfer, but I believe that is for people who want to transfer after one year of study. As you have done more than one year, I am not sure how that will work for you.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I want to confirm a couple of things after speaking to UAC.

They have both told me that my ATAR AND my tertiary marks will be used when assessing my application even after completing 2 years of uni. However, for the longest time now I haven seen and been told that after 1 year of uni, ONLY my uni marks will be used. UAC also told me that they convert marks to a 7 point scale, not 4. Can anyone who has transferred please clarify?

Thanks in advance for everyone who will be inputting to this question.
They don't assess applications for law that way in terms of credit points. If you did 48 credit points, they will take into account that as "1 year" of grades. Doing 18 units to obtain higher grades is pretty stupid because employers will see that and unless you have been working 3-4 days a week to support yourself, not a good thing to go on with.

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
Can someone please link where it says the required amount of units to externally transfer into UNSW law? I can only see IPT which requires 48. I'm worried if I only do 36 at the end of the year I won't be able to apply. Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)