UNSW Coop 2014 + general questions (1 Viewer)

emilios

HSC
why does unsw never meet deadlines. telling people outcomes will be released "before 12" nek minnut it's quarter past and still nothing. Afaik this has happened numerous times in the past few years.

emilios

HSC
there were 55 applicants for the actuarial course. they said there were 13-16 scholarships available (depending on sponsors). word has it they shortlist an equal number of applicants. that's 26-32 offers including shortlists. that's 47-58% of the applicants getting some kind of offer.

and i didn't get one. lel, what a scrub.

Last edited:

emilios

HSC
lots of people browsing the thread. anyone successful?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
All aboard the short list train. And im pretty much on the cusp on the top of the list. Dw guys if you are shortlisted. For BIS last year, more than 5 shortlisted people made it in.

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
On the bright side, apparently 9 out 10 people got into the co-op through the shortlist last year, in accounting at least so there is still hope

emilios

HSC
how good is the co op program anyway? i do hear of the turnovers, which i guess is why they shortlist as many applicants as they do, but why would people be leaving the program? i know my cousins left electrical eng co op, never got around to asking him why

KamiKara

HSC
So I guess we won't be hearing from them for at least a week?

D94

HSC
N/A
how good is the co op program anyway? i do hear of the turnovers, which i guess is why they shortlist as many applicants as they do, but why would people be leaving the program? i know my cousins left electrical eng co op, never got around to asking him why
Possibly receiving another scholarship that doesn't allow the student to hold more than one, or the student doesn't meet course mark/WAM requirements.

As with the shortlist, students who receive a conditional offer still need to meet the ATAR requirement and they might also receive a better offer from another university. They might decide after some time that the field of scholarship isn't what they really want to do.

KamiKara

HSC
Jan 7th ....
that's ages!!
Most results come out on the 18th! They also have to accept / decline on the 18th as far as I'm aware?

Also what happens if your results come in later and get shortlisted (LIKE ME!)

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
Even though results come out on the 18th I doubt they'll contact us until a while after.
What do you mean results come out later? Do you do IB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)