UNSW- EAS disadvantaged schools bonus points? (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
UNSW- EAS disadvantaged schools (SO1A) bonus points?

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know the amount of EAS points i would receive under the "SO1A socioeconomically disadvantaged schools list".

http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/eas/S01A.pdf

UTS offers my school 10 points (confirmed from them) but when i asked UNSW they wouldn't disclose the amount i would receive. I would like to see if anyone at UNSW was in this same situation previously and if they could at least estimate how many points they got, as more than likely this will allow me to get into my desired course.

From personal research and comments from my year coordinator it is 5 points, i'm not entirely sure though.

Thanks

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not too sure but if you are looking at getting into Law, maybe 2-3 max. The lowest I know someone got in with EAS for UNSW Law was 97.30.

Maybe some other EAS entrant can share their experience?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I am not too sure but if you are looking at getting into Law, maybe 2-3 max. The lowest I know someone got in with EAS for UNSW Law was 97.30.

Maybe some other EAS entrant can share their experience?
Thanks for that.

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I had the same problem with UNSW, they wouldn't even give me a guide. It does change depending on the degree you want to do though, and I'd say it wouldn't be likely that you would get more than 3 points for law.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I had the same problem with UNSW, they wouldn't even give me a guide. It does change depending on the degree you want to do though, and I'd say it wouldn't be likely that you would get more than 3 points for law.
sigh

If that is the case it comes to either UTS business/law or just comm at UNSW. I will have to think it through...

SuchSmallHands

HSC
sigh

If that is the case it comes to either UTS business/law or just comm at UNSW. I will have to think it through...
You could always do an internal transfer? If your looking at doing a 5 year (ish? Not quite sure for comm/law so sorry if that's off) degree it's worth prolonging it a little to be where you most want to be.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You could always do an internal transfer? If your looking at doing a 5 year (ish? Not quite sure for comm/law so sorry if that's off) degree it's worth prolonging it a little to be where you most want to be.
Yep 5 years.

That is another option, at the moment i'm just going to wait until i get my atar and see what options i have.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Bump.

For anyone that is in a similar situation to what i was with UNSW's EAS scheme, this information will clear up a lot as i wasn't able to find much from prior research.

I ended up getting 3 EAS points for my school being listed on the socioeconomically disadvantaged list SO1A. This allowed me to get into Commerce/Law with 97.25.

If you have any questions about EAS for this particular category, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)