UNSW Engineering Day (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Musk said:
1. Theres no jobs

2. USYD

3. Unrelated to engineering its LABOR not LABOUR
Of course I know its Labor, I'm not an idiot :)
It is a joke about how we all need Rudd and his education revoloution.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
So what would you suggest is an engineering field in which it would be almost guranteed you could lget a job in that field within say the first year of completing the degree? I dislike civil eng, mining eng, and electrical eng.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Musk said:
Mechanical?

or Mechanical & Mechatronics?

Mechatronics on its own is silly considering the market for them has started but not as well as mechanical
Isn't mechanical engieering quite similar to aeronautical with the first 2 years at Uni being identical for both?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hey I checked with my careers advisor and she was like she gets alot of faxes and stuff and may have looked past it. It's not on the UNSW site right? Cos I just cant find it so yeah.

So yeah .. what happens now? I really want to go. =/

benji6667

HSC
tell me if u find out bout nething i rly want to go aswell :)

i had a look on the UNSW Engineering site.. it said the open day is some time in november for highschools <a href="http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/news/index.htm#events">here</a>

Ksblue

HSC
N/A
There was recently and engineering day at Usyd, but I think it was only for year 10 students this year. They also have a chemical engineering day comng up shortly. I think its a workshop where teams make a car using motors, etc.

Hope that helps

dpospination

HSC
Musk said:
Mining engineering isnt doomed, the boom will end slowly whats keeping it going is china's need for iron ore for its manufacturing.

It will finish way before you get your degree

Mining is the only major of engineering where it doesn't follow the industry trend

Do you wanna do it for the money?
The boom wil continue for at least another 50 years i reckon, cause what happens when we all run out of coal and oil, everyone will want Nuclear Power= URANIUM, and Australia has tonnes of Uranium. As the Boom does end however, chemical Engineers will be highly sort after to develop new, syntehtic materials.

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC
im definitely goin

i didn't go last time coz i wasnt interested in engineering as a career, but i now reckon its an awesome career option, so im gonna go for it

btw, does anyone know wat mechatronic engineering is

Black Hawker

HSC
For those who don't know. The UNSW Engineering Day is running again.

I think its on a Wednesday next month. Don't remember the exact day.

a.Limjoco

HSC
its midnight i'll list no descriptions soz..

COPY AND PASTE
Chemical - The different types of chemical engineering all involve studying the way atoms and molecules interact and react. Chemical engineers can study these interactions on a microscopic level - like when they look at how molecules in molten metals flow over one another, or on a much larger macroscopic level - like when they study how acidic rain affects forests.

Civil - Perhaps the most recognized branch of engineering, civil engineering, is the art and science of designing the infrastructure of a society. Civil engineers are involved in all aspects of community infrastructure, housing and construction. Our homes, roads, airports and bridges are built thanks to the knowledge of civil engineers.

Electrical - Electrical engineering is the application of the laws of physics governing electricity, magnetism, and light to develop new technologies to help humankind. Electrical engineers have used their knowledge to create computer technology and software, neon lights, cordless telephones and refrigerators. If it involves electricity, it involves electrical engineering.

Mechanical - Mechanical engineering is a huge and diverse field. The different types of engineers in this area have a common interest in heat and motion. They might study how to make sure the space shuttle doesn't overheat in orbit, or how to build a better artificial foot for disabled golfers.

Aerospace - Aerospace engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible. Canadian aerospace engineers designed the Canadarm used on the Space Shuttle and Space Station Alpha

other types

Mining
Aeronautical

Photovaultaic (solar energy)
Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)