UNSW - ENGO/ ARTS or UTS BUSINESS?!!!! HELLLLP MEE! (1 Viewer)

DMT

HSC
HELLO!

Got into main rounds into ENGO ARTS UNSW but after doing the bridging course for about two weeks, i have given up on it and hate maths with passion. On the other hand its one course right? (1131). However my aim is to get into law, but knowing my capabilities, i will most likely get a credit or pass for engineering but higher for arts. Today i got late round offer into business UTS and wondering whether to pick it up and then transfer next year to maybe unsw law etc.

Thankyou!:headbang:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Engineering includes at least two years of maths subjects, and at least four maths subjects. It's certainly not just MATH1131.

UNSW Law is tough to get into, and they go by academic merit - so just go to the degree program which'll maximise your marks, I suppose.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
if you do not like maths, business is definitely the degree for you as the course only applies 2 unit maths in subjects such as finance and economics and stats where most of the maths is just basic algebra and substitution.

though you wish to get into unsw law, the transfer from uts business to uts law is much more acheivable as a fair amount of places are made available at uts.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Correct me if I'm wrong but.....

From what I've heard, it is much easier to do an internal transfer than an external transfer to UNSW combined law.

However, it seems like you'll probably end up with a higher WAM/GPA in UTS Business compared to UNSW Engo/Arts if you hate maths that much.

There's always the option of an internal/external transfer to UTS Combined Law.

One way is:
Do UTS Business in the first year --> aim for the internal transfer into UTS Business/Law in the second year.
Do UTS Business in the first year --> apply for the external transfer into UNSW Commerce/Law in the 2nd year (however, I think some UTS Business Subs have no UNSW Commerce equivalent subs but MOST SUBS DO for credit transfer).

If you did:
UNSW Engo/Arts --> if you get into UTS Business/Law... you won't have any transferable credit so you'll have to start as a completely new ''first year'' I'd think.
UNSW Engo/Arts --> if you get into UNSW Engo/Law or UNSW Arts/Law... you'll have ''wasted'' your Arts or Engo units.

Also, think of what happens if you DON'T GET THE TRANSFER:
Would you be happier with:
UTS Business
OR
UNSW Arts/Engo or UNSW Arts or UNSW Engo

Last edited:

DMT

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong but.....

From what I've heard, it is much easier to do an internal transfer than an external transfer to UNSW combined law.

However, it seems like you'll probably end up with a higher WAM/GPA in UTS Business compared to UNSW Engo/Arts if you hate maths that much.

There's always the option of an internal/external transfer to UTS Combined Law.

One way is:
Do UTS Business in the first year --> aim for the internal transfer into UTS Business/Law in the second year.
Do UTS Business in the first year --> apply for the external transfer into UNSW Commerce/Law in the 2nd year (however, I think some UTS Business Subs have no UNSW Commerce equivalent subs but MOST SUBS DO for credit transfer).

If you did:
UNSW Engo/Arts --> if you get into UTS Business/Law... you won't have any transferable credit so you'll have to start as a completely new ''first year'' I'd think.
UNSW Engo/Arts --> if you get into UNSW Engo/Law or UNSW Arts/Law... you'll have ''wasted'' your Arts or Engo units.

Also, think of what happens if you DON'T GET THE TRANSFER:
Would you be happier with:
UTS Business
OR
UNSW Arts/Engo or UNSW Arts or UNSW Engo
Im opting for UNSW. My plan is to pick up all arts subjects this semester and the next. Then transferring the following year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)