Unsw Fees ----> How Much?? (1 Viewer)

sam_account

HSC
hi guys,

can someone please tell me how much is the enrolment fees at unsw for a first year student?? I'm doing Bcom, just in case that makes a difference. Also, keep in mind that I'll be doing the degree under HECS support. so, how much wud i need to pay for enrolment??

PS: i was wondering if there are any FREE basketball courts near or in UNSW, I saw one bball court near the entrace, but is it free??

thanks in advance

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
it should tell you in the UAC guide, from memory, commecrce is about $6000 a year. If not, you could jsut go to www.unsw.edu.au and find out there.

sam_account

HSC
dude, i asked ENROLMENT FEES...and yes i've alrdy had a look thru the myunsw pgs, but the website keeps going arnd in circles...so yea..anyone know how is the enrolment fee in my sitution??

Alimoe_KG

HSC
sam_account said:
hi guys,
can someone please tell me how much is the enrolment fees at unsw for a first year student?? I'm doing Bcom, just in case that makes a difference. Also, keep in mind that I'll be doing the degree under HECS support. so, how much wud i need to pay for enrolment??
PS: i was wondering if there are any FREE basketball courts near or in UNSW, I saw one bball court near the entrace, but is it free??
thanks in advance
Hey look! A basketball player :) Hi i'm James, you know, the guy you'll be dunking on later this year :rolleyes:

I think the one near entrance is free. If not, climb the fence.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sam_account said:
hi guys,

thanks in advance
Each semester is around $250 for enrolment fee (student fees if that's what you mean)...

The courts you saw at the front entry are tennis courts, not basketball.. I don't know where are the basketball courts though.

sam_account

HSC
umm..thanks..

so Survivor39 ur saying that 1 yr at unsw (2 semesters) will cost $500 in enrolment fees ??

hi james, hehe , i doubt dunking , not the 10 foot ring anyways... but i hope they'll be good competition in bbal at uni..just like my old school frnds...

at school lunch + recess, i just used to play bbal with frnds, i'm wondering what other sproting or other activities u can do to pass time at uni??

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Each semester is around $250 for enrolment fee (student fees if that's what you mean)...
The courts you saw at the front entry are tennis courts, not basketball.. I don't know where are the basketball courts though.
Are you sure? I saw basketball hoops though...:confused:

And ahhh yes Sam, recess and lunch time scrimmages :) UNSW has a pretty big basketball club, with year-round scrimmages and comps.

Yo'll definitely be seeing me there.

sam_account

HSC
yea..same james..i saw courts near the entrance as well..... ?? i'm confused

i'm pleasantly surprised that uni will be having bball games and stuff of the sort, coz intially i thought all uni ppl did was party ...hehe

btw, what position do u play ?? SG?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
AHAHAHAH! I always thought uni was about study, sport and party. Espicially since one of the criterias for a Rhodes Scholarship is sporting achievements or the like.

In my High School Open's and Knockout teams i traditionally played the 5 or 4 in the frontcourt... because our team was too damn short for me to play otherwise :p

However, i generally play like a point forward.

sam_account

HSC
WOW!! james, u seem like a bbal pro, using all pro terminology, u cud've said i usually play PF or C, rather than the 5 or 4 spot...hehe..jkng.. ( i know something about bbal 2 :p)

it shud be fun playing bball with u & others like u...i hope..

btw, do u follow the nba??

Alimoe_KG

HSC
i would have though PF or SG would be terminology since they're acronyms :rolleyes:

Yeah i do. I'm a KG-fan (hence Minnesota fan, but if KG gets traded, i'm gone too). Nets and Heat have also got my votes.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sam_account said:
umm..thanks..
so Survivor39 ur saying that 1 yr at unsw (2 semesters) will cost $500 in enrolment fees ??
All full time students are required to pay the same amount, doesn't matter what year you're in.

elfm

HSC
There are basketball courts there - I made a conscious effort to look for them today while walking down towards Anzac Parade. Whether they're shared between the tennis courts I don't know but I did see rings and backboards.

stamos

sellout
HSC
i think that the rings are in them only occasionally

and the ones in unigym are $7/h

ace

is retired
HSC
www.my.unsw.edu.au is your friend

Fees not out yet, come out on February 15 06, expect the activity fees to be about ~250 or so (per semester)

Last edited:

sam_account

HSC
far out, geez man, $7/h is extremely expensive, the courts in auburn are only $4 and unlimited time....seems like uni activities/resources are gona be a rip off

gman03

HSC
When I enrol in 2004 I had to pay $250 after I accept my offer and before I enrol. THese $250 was there to lock us into the uni. Then this $250 was used to pay for my 2004 first semester student fees, which was $240s. Of course next year will be somewhere like $260 or if the union decided to hack the system again it could go up to $1000000000 in which I will defer this payment and pay my HECS upfront instead.

Expensive sporting equipment is one of the reasons why poor student like me prefers to be unhealthy... tOO PooR!~!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)