UNSW Fees (1 Viewer)

Equilibrium1

HSC
I know that this year the way fees are shown are a little different because now you see the full liability and simply wait until the census date passes if your HECS eligible. However, I remember last year having to pay an SSAF fee of $136.50 and I believe that this year it's increased to $140.50.

I'm just wondering, how do I go about paying this SSAF fee? When I log onto MyUnsw it shows the full liability fee including the SSAF - It doesnt show the SSAF separately to pay it. That's the main thing I'm really confused about

Thank you for any help!

D94

HSC
N/A
I think if you have deferred HECS-HELP but not SA-HELP, then after the census date, it will prompt you to pay for SSAF.

But I'm just speculating - it just seems that is the most logical way since the change in how the liability is being shown to us.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
if i have applied for HECS-HELP (or deferred payment to it) should my current liabilities be showing $3 725.20 or something

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, the new system in place will show your liabilities until the census date where if you have deferred HECS-HELP, it will disappear.

It explains it in the My Announcements on the Home tab in myUNSW.

Following the recent upgrade to the University's Student System, some changes have been made to the way the University manages Commonwealth Support.

From Summer Term 2013-14, if you choose to defer your tuition charges under HECS-HELP, the upfront charges will remain outstanding on your account until the census date has passed.

This means that your tuition fee charges will be displayed as upfront and viewable on your Fee Statement until the Census Date of each Teaching Period, and only then will they be deferred.

Prior to 2014 your charges were deferred immediately if you chose to defer.

Equilibrium1

HSC
Out of curiosity, has anyone actually paid for the SSAF fee of $140.50 yet? If so, how did you do it successfully?

Renegader

HSC
Deferring the SSAF fee, yolo. Right now $150 or so a semester does make a considerable difference for me but if I start earning over $50k a year (the HECS threshold) then it would have a much lesss impact on me :p

D94

HSC
N/A
Just saw this:

Commonwealth supported students must finalise all enrolment, student contribution payments and HECS-HELP arrangements by the relevant semester/teaching period census date or their enrolment will be cancelled. This means that, where required, you must provide a valid Tax File Number and all payments to UNSW must be received by the relevant teaching period census date.
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/CensusDates.html#WhatistheCensusdate?

If this is the case, then you will have to pay before the census date. But due to the new system, I'm not sure how you would split the SSAF from your Course Fees. Best to call the university (email may take a while).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)