Unsw gym!!! (1 Viewer)

chrisbos2007

HSC
Hey everyone, i have accepted my offer to UNSW and what not.

I am just wondering if anyone uses the gym there..and what their thoughts are on it?

Does the weights area get very full (as in weighting to use pieces of equipment)...What is the range of equipment like?

I know there is a website but there doesn't seem to be any photos and things like that.

Thanks.!

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Don't go to UNSW, but from what i heard from a friend was that the gym was okay but nothing compared to the fitness first we go to

chrisbos2007

HSC
ok thanks, i guess ill just have to check it out myself really.

Yeah but price wise and like the amount of people is what im looking for...i used to go to fitness first..the amount of people is ridiculous i hate waiting to use equipment, atm im at InShape which is decent, equipment range isn't as good as FF but it has less people.

I was just thinking i might as well use the Univeristy gym before/after class/when i go to use the library and what not.

HSC
The stairs at UNSW will be enough to keep you in shape

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
I heard it's not exactly cost-effective and it gets crowded at peak times.

Couldn't be worse than Fitness First though (OMG THAT RHYMES LOL)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hey everyone, i have accepted my offer to UNSW and what not.

I am just wondering if anyone uses the gym there..and what their thoughts are on it?

Does the weights area get very full (as in weighting to use pieces of equipment)...What is the range of equipment like?

I know there is a website but there doesn't seem to be any photos and things like that.

Thanks.!
Wrong word. I think you meant "waiting"
I too was curious, so I did some research. Found the UniGym site here: Sports UNSW
Sites a bit difficult to manage though. Prices are under "Membership Prices". $12 per visit is a bit rich though.

chrisbos2007

HSC
Wrong word. I think you meant "waiting"
I too was curious, so I did some research. Found the UniGym site here: Sports UNSW
Sites a bit difficult to manage though. Prices are under "Membership Prices". $12 per visit is a bit rich though.
Yes, yes i did lmao my bad im tired just got back from a 5 day camping trip..quite glad to be back, CIVILISATION!

Yeah i found that site (thanks anyways) - The prices for membership ain't bad, casual visits are sort of that price if not more at most gyms - might have to just go check it out, guess during peak times it would be busy, non-peak times not busy just like every gym..ah well just wanted to know if anyone knew their range of equipment in the weight/cardio section as in benches, power racks, calve raise machines, smith machines...and so on.

chrisbos2007

HSC
The stairs at UNSW will be enough to keep you in shape
lol - tell me about it - the walk from the bus drop off on open day to the main hall thing they were giving information out in made me tired :( what a walk!

HSC
im there like 4-6 times a week. its really good pricing ($378 per year), weights get fairly crowded between 5-7pm but otherwise fairly good gym, very open spaced and weight supervisors are helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)