UNSW Info day! (1 Viewer)

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Hey guys!

This is Anthel here I am a current year 12 student in sSydney. On Janurary 6th I'm going to the UNSW info day and I'm quite excited to see the uni itself since I've never been there before. What should I expect? What should I bring? I know its location, I'm just wondering what am I actually going to do on that day.

Thanks.

photastic

HSC
Hey guys!

This is Anthel here I am a current year 12 student in sSydney. On Janurary 6th I'm going to the UNSW info day and I'm quite excited to see the uni itself since I've never been there before. What should I expect? What should I bring? I know its location, I'm just wondering what am I actually going to do on that day.

Thanks.
Basically a specific version of open day

dirty_ink

HSC
Have you planned out the events you want to participate in on the site?

Maybe bring a notepad and pen to take down some notes for future reference :)

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
Do you have an idea of what courses you might be interested in?

http://infoday.unsw.edu.au/whats-on
^ info on what'll be on that day along with times and locations so you can create a plan :p

and "With UAC preferences closing on January 7, we will have iPads available for you to access the UAC website after discussing your program options with academics and staff." intending for you to give in quick 'n' easy :lol:

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
What is this, is it like an open day for all departments and that? Or?

Thanks
If you're talking about Info Day it's essentially a watered down version of Open Day aimed more specifically at 2014ers and you can view events on the unsw site.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have an idea of what courses you might be interested in?

http://infoday.unsw.edu.au/whats-on
^ info on what'll be on that day along with times and locations so you can create a plan :p

and "With UAC preferences closing on January 7, we will have iPads available for you to access the UAC website after discussing your program options with academics and staff." intending for you to give in quick 'n' easy :lol:
I'm always so skeptical on the placement of UNSW's open day, being the day before UAC preferences close. Does the uni really expect students to make last minute decisions on something that is relatively important??

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
I'm always so skeptical on the placement of UNSW's open day, being the day before UAC preferences close. Does the uni really expect students to make last minute decisions on something that is relatively important??
Actually a number of universities also hold Info Days on the same day (USyd, UTS & MQ). I suppose they're hoping to make a final good impression? I've never understood why Info Days for different unis are held on the same day though, maybe it's because they all aim to have the last say in people's preferences :p

BlugyBlug

HSC
Can't you change preferences after the date for later round offers anyway?

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't you change preferences after the date for later round offers anyway?
Yea you can but most people don't because they're banking on a main round offer and with changes for a late round offer, you would be risking losing your initial offer? So I do think that the info day is targeted specifically for the main round. Idk for me info day is to stock up on more nice ballpoint bens and those shoddy flower-shaped 5-colour highlighters that are ergonomically unsound.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Actually a number of universities also hold Info Days on the same day (USyd, UTS & MQ). I suppose they're hoping to make a final good impression? I've never understood why Info Days for different unis are held on the same day though, maybe it's because they all aim to have the last say in people's preferences :p
Yea I've noticed that with open days too... Some strange collusion happening here... Idk I could never rock up to uni, listen to an academic or current student give an impassioned talk on why I should go to their uni and make a spontaneous move to enrol on the spot. I need a year at least to make a detailed pro/con list!

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
Yea I've noticed that with open days too... Some strange collusion happening here... Idk I could never rock up to uni, listen to an academic or current student give an impassioned talk on why I should go to their uni and make a spontaneous move to enrol on the spot. I need a year at least to make a detailed pro/con list!
Is this not why people attend open days/info days before year 12?
To push in last minute uni persuasion is probably not the main point of Info Day. I'd think they assume you already have some knowledge about what you want to do but are seeking more information. I suppose the last info day is mainly for more specific matters than simply what uni.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
how to win the nerds:

tell them we have LoL on library comps and sluts who love nerds.

rake that cash mang.

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
Hey guys!

Thanks.

Im going to unsw info day too :) there is a 'plan my day' section on the info day website and you can choose what you want to do, eg. law talks, campus tours, student exchange. So basically just stick to the schedule you make and it should be fine. im going to listen to a medicine talk then go on a campus tour. ive heard theres a lot of freebies :D so bring a bag #trueasian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)