UNSW interviews (1 Viewer)

pangping1510

HSC
hi, i would like to know how many of the applicants are interviewed and what is the chance of being admitted into the medical school? there are many rounds of interview right? i am a malaysia by the way...=)

melissa_m

HSC
I was just wondering, what do most people usually get for UMAT? what do the marks range from? i had an interview at UNSW but do they interview people who probably wouldn't get in anyway because i think my score was probably quite close to their cutoff.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
yeah, see the selection system at unsw is first, they interview all the people who probably wont get in so that way they wont get in.

next, they interview all the people who def won't get in so that way they def wont get in.

simple logic.

Raginsheep

HSC
Cause the people who do end up getting in are those who they pressganged from Arts1001 on the first day of uni.....

Last edited:

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
arts1001 and computing1001. yeah, thats generally the idea.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
queenie said:
yeah, see the selection system at unsw is first, they interview all the people who probably wont get in so that way they wont get in.

next, they interview all the people who def won't get in so that way they def wont get in.

simple logic.
Chances are actually quite good.
500 interviews; something like 100 interstate interviews, only 9 of whom took a place in 04.
400 people --> 175 places. Doubtless a few of the 400 would prefer (and would get a place in) Newcastle... 50% chance? Not many applications in life give a 50% chance.

dreamer17

HSC
hellooo everyone

doing my HSC this year :bomb:and quite nervous about doing the Interview for med, does anyone recommend an interview prep course? (if yes..any in particular?)

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of the sort of questions I would probably be bombarded with??

thanxu

p.s. Is it beneficial to do a UMAT prep course also? I thought the test was basically unstudiable for...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Mmmmm, 12 from baulko, 8 at NSBH, assuming about 50 others from other top selective schools...damn that's going to be competetive...

pink668

HSC
it's mainly cv based- it's based on the application form you give in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)