Unsw leadership program?? (1 Viewer)

Madridismo

HSC
I have the same question! Considering we have to do 20 hours of volunteers is there much impact on uni work?

squishyau

HSC
From the FAQ:
"The UNSW Leadership Program is a flexible, extra-curricular program. You can enrol in the program at any stage of your degree and complete all components in any order and at your own pace. This means that you can complete the program in one semester or over four years.

You must complete the program before your graduation in order to receive accreditation on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement.

We do ask however, that you complete your community engagement component after your first reflection so
that you can see your personal development over the course of the program."

Also 20 hours is not much to do throughout, I'll be doing 25 hours of part time work a week along with my degree, I'm sure you'll be able to cope :)

Madridismo

HSC
From the FAQ:
"The UNSW Leadership Program is a flexible, extra-curricular program. You can enrol in the program at any stage of your degree and complete all components in any order and at your own pace. This means that you can complete the program in one semester or over four years.

You must complete the program before your graduation in order to receive accreditation on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement.

We do ask however, that you complete your community engagement component after your first reflection so
that you can see your personal development over the course of the program."

Also 20 hours is not much to do throughout, I'll be doing 25 hours of part time work a week along with my degree, I'm sure you'll be able to cope :)
Oh no not worried about that, I believe that'll be fine, just like the workshops and their timing but I'm sure they're flexible.

Madridismo

HSC
Awesome! Just need to do that personal reflection statement! Seems like a fantastic program!

Last edited:

Madridismo

HSC
Edit: damnit I thought it was booked...waiting list!:/

Last edited:

jaechen

HSC
to the people who've done it - what are the workshops like?

HSC
N/A
Will there be more vacancies? I haven't applied yet because it said you had to be over 18 years old - and I'm only 17 :(
I applied last night :haha:

Why would they send it to all first years if there were no vacancies? I doubt unsw is that loopy.

I'm secretly 17 too :p
I turn 18 at the end of oweek!

Madridismo

HSC
Registration opened on the 16th of January I believe and bear in mind it's open to other years as well so they all pounced on it :(

Wish I could get a spot in >.< and I don't even know how many people are before me on the waiting list!

HSC
N/A
Registration opened on the 16th of January I believe and bear in mind it's open to other years as well so they all pounced on it :(

Wish I could get a spot in >.< and I don't even know how many people are before me on the waiting list!
there's a waiting list?! WHY D:

Madridismo

HSC
Yeah but they put a limit on the number of people that can come at a time. With the link keep going through with it and click attend again and you'll notice it will say "add to waitlist" :(

HSC
N/A
I added my ass to the waiting list. Ugh. Y u advertise to the entire uni when there are such scarce places? :haha:

trolls

nucgaek

HSC
Which one's the UNSW Student ID? The zpass one, or do you get it with your id card?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)