• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

*UNSW MED student| 99.85 ATAR | Dedicated and Experienced tutor* (1 Viewer)

Brendon-

HSC
Welcome!

ATAR 99.85, 5th in the state for Biology 2013 HSC, 2013 Baulkham Hills Graduate, currently in Undergrad Medicine at UNSW

Subjects completed - English 2U (Advanced), English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Chemistry, Biology

Offering HSC English, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine Interviews.

98 - Biology
96 - Chemistry
95- English 2U

I've had over 4 years of tutoring experience working in private tuition, seminar running, voluntary peer tutoring and at a HSC preparation centre. Thus, I have had experience teaching for a wide range of students and can adjust accordingly for different academic levels. This means, no matter what stage of ability you are at, I will be there to support you and help you out when you don't understand or have difficulty with a question.

Biology/Chemistry: These two subjects are my personal passion, and I love fostering a greater understanding in my students.
  1. I have excellent source/teach material that I've personally designed to explain dot points CONCEPTUALLY, and not just tell you to memorise them.
  2. I also have a large collection of past papers and exams I've personally written and tailored to improve exam technique, confidence and solidify concepts.
  3. I will also share many of the little tips and tricks that helped me throughout HSC and to ensure your HSC success.

As I mentioned before, I have personally run a Chemistry seminar for about 25 students in a top selective school (Baulkham Hills) and thus have acquired strong communication skills teaching in both individual or group settings. This has also taught me to be well organised and prepared for every lesson, which is a guarantee I will make.

Lastly, I run Medicine and Dentistry Interview training, as well as UMAT help. I understand from personal experience that getting into these degrees is very stressful and having a tutor to give you that edge and confidence boost really goes a long way. I will guide you through what the interviewers are looking for and provide a mock interview as well as, go through common questions/scenarios.

I am a firm believer in putting my students first and foremost. I always like to keep a relaxed atmosphere as I believe this facilitates a much better learning experience. I also am more than happy to answer any online questions you shoot at me, no matter what time it is.

TL: DR 99.85, state rank 5th Biology. Dedicated tutor with 4 years experience. Offering HSC English, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine Interviews. Excellent resources, personally written exams and focus on teaching concepts.

Please contact me if you are interested!
I'm also very happy to answer any queries about applying for Universities/Medicine so don't hesitate to contact me at 0431660727 or PM for email. Thanks for your time.

Other Accreditations:
- ATCL Diploma in Speech and Drama from the Trinity Guildhall London
- First in school in Biology 2013 HSC
- Recipient of Principal's Letter of Recommendation (highest award for commitment to school life, extracurricular activities and academics)
- 2nd Principal Violinist of Community Northern Sydney Youth Orchestra
- HSC All Rounder Award
- Lead actor of musical production Medshow 2014
- Member of UNSW O-WEEK Yellow Shirts Program 2015

Last edited:
HSC
How do you have 4 years of tutoring experience if you only graduated last year?

Did you start learning the HSC course in year 10 or something?

Otherwise nice marks!

Reactions: IR

Brendon-

HSC
How do you have 4 years of tutoring experience if you only graduated last year?

Did you start learning the HSC course in year 10 or something?

Otherwise nice marks!
Haha sorry for the confusion. It just means I've started tutoring since Year 10, both at a peer level and also helping out Year 7 & 8's. This has allowed me to be very confident with tutoring students, and I take this skill into my HSC tutoring.

kabytto

HSC
Bump
Would recommend Brendon as tutor- he really knows his stuff and how to maximize marks!
That and he's an awesomely cool guy in general

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)