UNSW O Week 2014 chat thread (1 Viewer)

tashe

HSC
N/A
I used to be basement Asian and then first year uni came along...
I remember hitting on some English chick in first year, nek minnit "i dont actually go here, i go to usyd" <_<
Well, that escalated quickly.

Yes join Bsoc everyone!! And come to the stall and say hi and sign up for peer mentoring which is heaps of fun :)
Hey deswa1. As a first year student of B Eng/B Comm, do you recommend me to go to the B Comm camp? I don't start my B Comm subjects until 2nd year and I will have a B Eng camp in April.

deswa1

HSC
When do the tickets go on sale??
First day of O-Week. Get there ASAP- last year we sold out tickets in 2 hours...

Well fuck. I'm going on the second day and doubt i'll be able to get time off. Just my luck. Oh well.
Get a friend to sign up for you, I think that's allowed.
^What Shadow said. You can get a friend to sign up if you have their complete details and also payment in full.

Hey deswa1. As a first year student of B Eng/B Comm, do you recommend me to go to the B Comm camp? I don't start my B Comm subjects until 2nd year and I will have a B Eng camp in April.
Hmm depends on your financial situation- if money isn't really an issue, then come because it'll be good to meet other people and make friends and even if you don't share subjects, that doesn't matter so much (some of my best friends don't do my course). If money is a bit tighter, then I'd give it a miss because it is quite expensive.

Defs go to all the free things though

study1234

HSC
Soooooo... what actually happens on O-week? Are there just the seminars/lectures, or are there fun events?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Soooooo... what actually happens on O-week? Are there just the seminars/lectures, or are there fun events?
There are events and stuff. I would say its more like a faculty welcome rather than a seminar/lecture.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing coreoneos 100 integrals. brb. I guess that's all the study I need. If I can do them all, I can pretty much do any integration if it's 4u level.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
well fk me. need to study.
Doing coreoneos 100 integrals. brb. I guess that's all the study I need. If I can do them all, I can pretty much do any integration if it's 4u level.
as the person writing up the integrals for said integration bee, i have this tip:

learn to evaluate definite integrals. quickly.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also we will have a massive trophy for the winner so... look forward to that too!

(it'll be the best thing at o-week, hopefully)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Also we will have a massive trophy for the winner so... look forward to that too!

(it'll be the best thing at o-week, hopefully)
Keep me updated.

I might do some MATH1141 work in the lead up to it and actually join in.

Plus I still need to meet you :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The integrals are all MX2 level at hardest, it's at O-Week for that reason.

It'll be a group and knockout competition - with a group stage (for definite integrals), and a knockout competition afterward (with more familiar indefinite integral finding).

Right now, I'm just trying to check whether the integrals I have can be reasonably solved within the time limits I've provided.

We had this last year, for instance, and no one got it:

So as I didn't write the questions last year - I'm trying to go on with what the Gamemaker did well last year, while also limiting the stuff he didn't do well last year, along with putting my own twist on things.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
integration is like totally something you do for fun, after my MX2 hsc I just home and did some extra integration problems

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
integration is like totally something you do for fun, after my MX2 hsc I just home and did some extra integration problems
totes

and now, other than personal satisfaction - you can now have a massive gold trophy that is at least 35cm tall to go in your room

SD, I need to impress the CAGS with my integration skills.
Well get practising :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)