UNSW O Week 2014 chat thread (1 Viewer)

williamdaft

HSC
I went to the ASB welcome - went for an hour, was led outside for some food, grabbed it and quietly left.

The rest of it was probably a campus tour or something but... yeah.
I'm in.. Food!!!!
Just join the tour, grab a bag of goodies and slowly part from the group, going to "the toilet".
The tour takes a while and you have to do cheesy things like games and "introduce yourself".

Then you could just rejoin at the end for a free BBQ. For the Faculty welcomes, same sort of thing. Go in to get a food ticket, then leave the theatre and rejoin for food.
Ah ok, goodies, cheesy games and food, doesn't sound too bad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deswa1

HSC
Going to the ASB welcome on Tuesday , dunno why it's 3 hours though..

There's an official component for the first hour (so welcome from the Dean, associate Dean, president + chairperson of Business Society etc) then there's lunch for the second hour. There's heaps of free food and most of the directors from the business society will be there so come and say hi and it'll be lots of fun and you can ask questions and meet people and get free showbags etc. Then in the last hour there's a panel with the first year lecturers and three students and you can ask whatever questions you want to them (hint: Come and you can see me :D ). Then there's Yellow Shirts tours around campus

williamdaft

HSC
there's an official component for the first hour (so welcome from the dean, associate dean, president + chairperson of business society etc) then there's lunch for the second hour. There's heaps of free food and most of the directors from the business society will be there so come and say hi and it'll be lots of fun and you can ask questions and meet people and get free showbags etc. Then in the last hour there's a panel with the first year lecturers and three students and you can ask whatever questions you want to them (hint: Come and you can see me :d ). Then there's yellow shirts tours around campus
awesome :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
There's an official component for the first hour (so welcome from the Dean, associate Dean, president + chairperson of Business Society etc) then there's lunch for the second hour. There's heaps of free food and most of the directors from the business society will be there so come and say hi and it'll be lots of fun and you can ask questions and meet people and get free showbags etc. Then in the last hour there's a panel with the first year lecturers and three students and you can ask whatever questions you want to them (hint: Come and you can see me :D ). Then there's Yellow Shirts tours around campus
Keen to meet the famous deswa. Will you be at law camp?

Web Addict

HSC
Are the Yellow Shirts Campus Tours after the faculty welcome has concluded?

Web Addict

HSC
Are there any free buses to and from UNSW during o-week? I remember reading somewhere that there would be free buses, so I ended up buying the MyTrain and MyBus tickets separately when I could of have gotten a cheaper MyMulti ticket.

Last edited:

williamdaft

HSC
Are there any free buses to and from UNSW during o-week? I remember reading somewhere that there would be free buses, so I ended up buying the MyTrain and MyBus tickets separately when I could of have gotten a cheaper MyMulti.
I don't think so, I had to use my ticket (my multi)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I bought two myBus2's this morning.

I went on the bus and every single student on the 891 express was given permission to just walk on without dipping their tickets.

But going back to Central everyone had to dip their tickets in.

So now tomorrow, hopefully the morning bus is free and when I come back I will use my other ticket.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad

I went on the bus and every single student on the 891 express was given permission to just walk on without dipping their tickets.

So now tomorrow, hopefully the morning bus is free and when I come back I will use my other ticket.
Yeah, everyone just walked on, but on the way back, had to dip the ticket.

D94

HSC
N/A
If you realise you need a ticket, there's a convenience store outside Stand C on Anzac Parade, which is also near the bus line for the 895.

You can also get tickets from WHSmith, the post office and New College convenience store: http://www.facilities.unsw.edu.au/node/98/#wheretobuytickets

But ideally, get a TravelTen because you never know when you might need a bus ticket.

Web Addict

HSC

I thought that you had to dip in your MyBus tickets on the way to UNSW. There was a dipping machine at the bus stop.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

50m from the bus stand there are dipping machines to avoid the queue on the bus.

tbh i want all the kents using mybus1 to get caught.

yasminee96

HSC
Just finished writing up all the questions and all the presentation for the O-Week Integration Bee which is going to be super awesome.

Behold:

(yes it's just a photo of my computer screen, but as we can see - the font is sexy, so the rest of it should be as well)
What time will this be on?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What time will this be on?

Thursday 10-1. (starts officially at 11, but if more than 16 people sign up, we'll need a qualifying round that starts at 10)

Also, I've asked that the massively large trophy be displayed at the MathSoc stall so they can tell you more about it!

yasminee96

HSC
Thursday 10-1. (starts officially at 11, but if more than 16 people sign up, we'll need a qualifying round that starts at 10)

Also, I've asked that the massively large trophy be displayed at the MathSoc stall so they can tell you more about it!
So if I were to rock up at 11, and there had been a qualifying round, I wouldn't be able to join in? :eek:

I joined mathsoc yesterday, I don't remember seeing a trophy but I may have not been paying attention...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So if I were to rock up at 11, and there had been a qualifying round, I wouldn't be able to join in? :eek:

I joined mathsoc yesterday, I don't remember seeing a trophy but I may have not been paying attention...

There wasn't a trophy yesterday - you wouldn't miss it, it's 46cm tall :p

But we want everyone to sign-up prior, so I've asked the people at the stall to have a sign-up sheet there, but if not, we also have an online sign-up sheet here: http://tinyurl.com/intbee14

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
dat moment when RN turns up and wins it for USYD
Well, the person who won it last year won the School of Mathematics and Statistics prize for like three years in a row.

so you never know - especially because often we're only competing against those in our year, because maths is hierarchical - so this is a good thing to bring inter-year competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)