UNSW O-Week (2 Viewers)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Q: Can we pick up our 2008 student cards yet? Or do we still have to wait a few weeks.

UNSW OWeek

HSC
N/A
uhawww said:
Q: Can we pick up our 2008 student cards yet? Or do we still have to wait a few weeks.
Yep, you can get them now. In case you hadn't heard, ID cards are now handled by FM Assist, not e-spot (which no longer exists). FM Assist can be found on Level 2 of the Mathews building, where the old biomed library used to be.

HSC
Rekkusu said:
If you live in rural areas, I'd recommend that you don't go, unless if you have ALOT of issues (academic) to discuss.

Otherwise UNSW has an Enrolment Enquiries number: 9385 1110

Otherwise, it really is a waste of time.

During O-Week,

DO not go and queue for your ID card (U can get it during UNSW semester, with NO queuing).

Do go for the Library Orientation sessions since you really have to understand how to access the library catologue.
its really not a waste of time. i dont know what you were doing lol.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
UNSW OWeek said:
Yep, you can get them now. In case you hadn't heard, ID cards are now handled by FM Assist, not e-spot (which no longer exists). FM Assist can be found on Level 2 of the Mathews building, where the old biomed library used to be.
wheres the biomed library moved to?

UNSW OWeek

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
The biomed library has been consolidated with the main library. A library tour during O-Week or Week 1 will help you find your way around and the staff can point out where stuff's been moved to.

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
Wait, if e-spot's not there anymore, what's taken up its spot?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
The uni is going to be like a whole new world when we go back....

(For those who didn't have summer anyway).

karoooh

HSC
I know. I'm going back Friday though. My Islam Gen Ed starts. :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
O Week fell-O said:
The biomed library has been consolidated with the main library. A library tour during O-Week or Week 1 will help you find your way around and the staff can point out where stuff's been moved to.
lol, no, I don't go to UNSW. I used to and I wanted to know where they moved it is all. Any floors in the library left these days, or has all the vacant space been taken up again?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I know. I'm going back Friday though. My Islam Gen Ed starts. :(
Every time i go to uni to teach (privately that is) as well as research, i see summer school students everywhere.

And they still won't open the Pavillion :mad:

Conspirocy

HSC
UNSW OWeek said:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
hey karooh and bobness!

im going to unsw to haunt you. :p
Hi mitsushi.

I'm doing Arts / Law this year so i think i'll be bumping into you a lot :)

Law buddies :eek:

HSC
Well at least someone answered.

I suppose it's the only real chance to ask questions prior to the deadline of needing to pick first semester subjects, because o-week immediately follows that deadline (as far as I understand it).

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
It's been integrated (poorly, I should add) with the rest of the library. I don't understand what they're trying to achieve with the new organisation system - they seem to have made things worse.

gman03

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
Yes...I'll go there to see whether I should take higher Physics or just plain physics, and get some info on doing other subjects besides the mainstream ones
I doubt anyone can give you a clear answer on which to choose... What will you be asking? Both share the same lecturers and teach the same thing. The only difference will be people in the tutorial in higher might be more enthusiastic students and ask more questions in the tutorial. Will you be benefit from those environment? That's the sort of thing you should think about IMO.

Anyhow, I still suggest people to go to the uni (with a bunch of friends) before and during O-week. Check out food options and leisure place. Explore Kensington/Kingsford/Randwick/Coogee/Marouba area.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
gman03 said:
I doubt anyone can give you a clear answer on which to choose... What will you be asking? Both share the same lecturers and teach the same thing. The only difference will be people in the tutorial in higher might be more enthusiastic students and ask more questions in the tutorial. Will you be benefit from those environment? That's the sort of thing you should think about IMO.

Anyhow, I still suggest people to go to the uni (with a bunch of friends) before and during O-week. Check out food options and leisure place. Explore Kensington/Kingsford/Randwick/Coogee/Marouba area.
Our initial instincts tell us to meet with fellow students from our previous high school.

uhawww said:
Yeah definitely DO NOT MISS O-WEEK!!

It's seriously one of the most fun weeks ever.

Apparently Anh Do is the comedian this year for the comedy night, should be good.
OK.

IceOnFire said:
Yeah o-week!!

I am going to try and go there for as many days as I can, it's going to be fun!

DeathB4Life said:
ohhh, speed dating. must try.
:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)