The one open day I need to go to, ofc I'm dead sick for :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
come say hai at the school of maffs stall

i will be there

Flop21

HSC
tbh it was a bit disappointing... well the computing school anyway.

Lecture was really pointless + no tours of the actual building.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
tbh it was a bit disappointing... well the computing school anyway.

Lecture was really pointless + no tours of the actual building.
lol left after 20mins

Flop21

HSC
lol left after 20mins
You did?

The guy (who obviously meant well, and was nice) spent literally 3/4 of the lecture (it was only 30 mins) talking about how the HSC doesn't matter. Then spent a bit talking about life + his life + how he hated actuary.

All that's nice, but I kinda wanted to hear him talk about UNSW's actual computing school, the degrees, why we should choose UNSW, their facilities etc. etc.

When comparing it to other unis I've been to, they've REALLY fallen short and let themselves down a bit. I can imagine a lot of kids would have left feeling very confused about what UNSW offers and why they should go there over other unis. Did anyone else think this??? I literally heard nothing that made me want to go to UNSW.

Then they didn't even let you into the computing building. It was really weird honestly, especially since I thought CSE at UNSW was pretty big.

But I talked to a couple academics there, and he was super nice and everyone I talk to seems very helpful.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
You did?

The guy (who obviously meant well, and was nice) spent literally 3/4 of the lecture (it was only 30 mins) talking about how the HSC doesn't matter. Then spent a bit talking about life + his life + how he hated actuary.

All that's nice, but I kinda wanted to hear him talk about UNSW's actual computing school, the degrees, why we should choose UNSW, their facilities etc. etc.

When comparing it to other unis I've been to, they've REALLY fallen short and let themselves down a bit. I can imagine a lot of kids would have left feeling very confused about what UNSW offers and why they should go there over other unis. Did anyone else think this??? I literally heard nothing that made me want to go to UNSW.

Then they didn't even let you into the computing building. It was really weird honestly, especially since I thought CSE at UNSW was pretty big.

But I talked to a couple academics there, and he was super nice and everyone I talk to seems very helpful.
i meant i left the overall thing after 20mins,

Ekman

HSC
What was with the free pads they were handing out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)