• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Open day. (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
will be there.

edit: why is this in prelim???
Because a Yr 11 person created the thread?

lionking1191

HSC
theshortykatt said:
wouldnt it be more likely to be a uni forum, or at least hsc forum.
i know prelim can go to open days, its just not a choice for them just yet.
no lots of ppl go to open days frm as early as y9

and why would uni people want to go to an open day to learn more about the uni they already go to?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
theshortykatt said:
lol yr 9.. my goodness.. waste of time for them imo
It's not a complete waste of time. I mean it's good to know about all the different universities and courses early, so it becomes easier for you to decide what you want to aim for - and if you don't care about that... you can always scab freebies.

I went to the UTS/USYD Open days and I'm planning to go to the UNSW one as well.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I would prefer to go to the uni open days right now rather than in the HSC. Nothing counts now, good experience, good fun :).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
you really dont need to be studying all day during your hsc though.. heard of time off?
Yeah I agree, I never said you should be studying 'all day' :).

bawd

HSC
theshortykatt said:
lol yr 9.. my goodness.. waste of time for them imo
I've seen little primary kids get dragged along by their parents to open days. *face palm*

Definitely will be there, pretty much fell in love at first sight when I saw it, practically deserted on a cold Saturday morning. :)

I'll be there early too, because I missed out on a whole heap of freebies and lectures (like three faculties worth!) at the USyd and UTS open day.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
theshortykatt said:
why would you need to know about them that early. lol

and if your going to scab freebies.. then you need to find something better with your time.
it doesn't hurt to be informed early and start thinking about what you want to do

most people do that in y12 only because they have to by then and there's not much time left to do anything else

bawd

HSC
lionking1191 said:
it doesn't hurt to be informed early and start thinking about what you want to do

most people do that in y12 only because they have to by then and there's not much time left to do anything else
IMO, it's only okay if the Year w/e student actually wants to go to the open day. And in my opinion it's better if they go alone, without nagging parents. Most of the parents (I don't think they're postgraduates, pretty sure they're just loving and caring parents) I've seen at the USyd/UTS open day seem more interested in the prospects of their child's career than the child did. (I'm assuming + generalising, but you've got to admit it's true sometimes)

lionking1191

HSC
bawd said:
IMO, it's only okay if the Year w/e student actually wants to go to the open day. And in my opinion it's better if they go alone, without nagging parents. Most of the parents (I don't think they're postgraduates, pretty sure they're just loving and caring parents) I've seen at the USyd/UTS open day seem more interested in the prospects of their child's career than the child did. (I'm assuming + generalising, but you've got to admit it's true sometimes)
asian parent syndrome - yeh its becoming cliched

bawd

HSC
lionking1191 said:
asian parent syndrome - yeh its becoming cliched
Becoming cliched? I'd say it is already cliched, and very unfortunately true for some parents still stuck in their days of being a fresh migrant. (Cliched looks weird without the acute 'e' lol)

Anyway, printing off UNSW timetable. :) Excited, excited. But I have my Prelims, like the Monday following, so I must double study periods on the next few days. :hammer:

lionking1191

HSC
bawd said:
Becoming cliched? I'd say it is already cliched, and very unfortunately true for some parents still stuck in their days of being a fresh migrant. (Cliched looks weird without the acute 'e' lol)

Anyway, printing off UNSW timetable. :) Excited, excited. But I have my Prelims, like the Monday following, so I must double study periods on the next few days. :hammer:
i have 3 talks to go to within 10 min of each other. i had a look at the map and unfortunatey science and law seems to be on opposing sides of the ground. guess its good exercise...

themadness

HSC
lionking1191 said:
i have 3 talks to go to within 10 min of each other. i had a look at the map and unfortunatey science and law seems to be on opposing sides of the ground. guess its good exercise...
Welcome to our world! It really isn't that far, unless of course you have to take the trek all the way up to the Biomed building.

You should all do the tour of New College :wave: (shameless promotion I know).

lionking1191

HSC
themadness said:
Welcome to our world! It really isn't that far, unless of course you have to take the trek all the way up to the Biomed building.

You should all do the tour of New College :wave: (shameless promotion I know).
haha works all the same

okay i checked the map and this is what i found

i have to walk from matthews theatre to law building in 5 min. ????
and yes, that's 3 quarters the length of the campus (stairs included)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
yes i am going. thankyou to this thread for telling me it was on. :)
Edit: and i agree with theshortykat, going in yr 9, what a waste of time.

eliseliselise

HSC
i have some business to attend to in the area so i am going aswell!! cha cha!!! i missed out on the newcastle uni one due to unforseen circumstances *grumble* but hopefully i'll be able to scab enough free pens, waterbottles, brochures, temporary tattoos and those annoying bags to keep me going for a while... & go 2 the lectures that tickle my fancy...

themadness

HSC
lionking1191 said:
haha works all the same

okay i checked the map and this is what i found

i have to walk from matthews theatre to law building in 5 min. ????
and yes, that's 3 quarters the length of the campus (stairs included)
It wouldn't take you much longer than five minutes to walk from Mathews to the Law building. However, that assumes that you know where you are going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)