UNSW OPTOMETRY EAS estimates (1 Viewer)

AJ2

HSC
Hey,

So I just wanted to know about how much bonus points would i approximately gain from 3 EAS codes for optom, i know they don't disclose it but just a rough estimate would be nice;

F01D
H01B
S01E

Also, on the optometry website vision science/ Master of clinical optometry is 97 as lowest rank (https://degrees.unsw.edu.au/vision-science-clinical-optometry/)
However, on the admissions transparency, 99 was the lowest rank (https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/admission-unsw) so i'm not sure what rank i would need to receive. Would there be any chance of being admitted lower than that rank?

fluffchuck

HSC
In my year, they dropped the ATAR requirements by 4 points (to 95) for guaranteed entry into optometry for EAS

goanna123

HSC
I have been to a few UNSW things, cause I'm looking to go and a fair bit of the time you can't use bonus points to get into optom.

AJ2

HSC
In my year, they dropped the ATAR requirements by 4 points (to 95) for guaranteed entry into optometry for EAS
Oh, I thought you were given bonus points based on each disadvantage and you could get in if you met the lowest selection rank with Atar+ adjustment factors? If they didn’t meet the guaranteed entry 95 was there still a chance to get in with a lower Atar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AJ2

HSC
I have been to a few UNSW things, cause I'm looking to go and a fair bit of the time you can't use bonus points to get into optom.
I think you don’t get bonus points based on hscplus, which is based on a high band in subjects specific to that course you get bonus points, however EAS is still applicable.

Last edited:

fluffchuck

HSC
Oh, I thought you were given bonus points based on each disadvantage and you could get in if you met the lowest selection rank with Atar+ adjustment factors? If they didn’t meet the guaranteed entry 95 was there still a chance to get in with a lower Atar?

Without 95+ there is little chance. Someone I know got right below 95 and didn't get an offer

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I got 95.05 and received an offer. I had S01E as my EAS.

thomasdo1

HSC
I have friends who got in with 93 with the 5 bonus points from disadvantaged school EAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)