• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

unsw or usyd?? (1 Viewer)

wildwestworm

HSC
Ikr I want to go to usyd feel kinda left out😭 idk the exact reason but I know a lot of people are doing engineering and I think unsw has a really good engineering faculty. It really depends on your degree so that's probably what you should use to decide between the two🤔

Last edited:

liamkk112

HSC
guys can anyone answer me why EVERYONE is going to UNSW instead of USYD? Lit everone i know wants to go there, and i have no idea why LOL. I want to go to one but i cant decide, so which one is best? What makes UNSW so special now? 😭
they’re both good, tbh they’re pretty similar and main differences are the campus/vibe, trimester/semester, and social life

wollongong warrior

HSC
guys can anyone answer me why EVERYONE is going to UNSW instead of USYD? Lit everone i know wants to go there, and i have no idea why LOL. I want to go to one but i cant decide, so which one is best? What makes UNSW so special now? 😭
Go unsw for stem-related degrees
All of my friends attending usyd for stem want to transfer out asap
Usyd is more catered towards arts and humanities from what I've heard

idkkdi

HSC
hmm better student admin
Half the classes I want to take, I need to take at usyd anyways. Trimesters aren’t my favourite. It’s hard to make (new) friends, not many are social or talk to you at all for various reasons. Light rail ducks, always something going on - so now I take a different way.
im pretty sure usyd is more antisocial rip

carrotsss

HSC
Go unsw for stem-related degrees
All of my friends attending usyd for stem want to transfer out asap
Usyd is more catered towards arts and humanities from what I've heard
stem is a generalisation, there are some stem courses which are quite poorly taught (eg comp sci) but others such as maths are taught very well at usyd and regarded as the same if not better quality than unsw. usyd also has a much more versatile bsc where you can select stuff like comp sci within a double major rather than a double degree which can save alot of years off your degree

idkkdi

HSC
this has not been my experience at all lol, ive found especially in advanced units where you escape the ocean of internationals there are tons of really chill, social people at usyd and ive made tons of friends in just one semester
ssp or advanced? i could see this happening in 1st yr advanced classes but still think usyd is more antisocial

HSC
this has not been my experience at all lol, ive found especially in advanced units where you escape the ocean of internationals there are tons of really chill, social people at usyd and ive made tons of friends in just one semester
there are lots of internationals at usyd? i thought they all go to unsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)