unsw or usyd?? (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
im hoping for unsw bcuz the course they have is better for the field im going into

elliott07

🌙
HSC
guys can anyone answer me why EVERYONE is going to UNSW instead of USYD? Lit everone i know wants to go there, and i have no idea why LOL. I want to go to one but i cant decide, so which one is best? What makes UNSW so special now? 😭
I think unsw is ranked slightly higher in the world than Syd but I doubt that's a reason

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think unsw is ranked slightly higher in the world than Syd but I doubt that's a reason
USyd is ranked higher than UNSW overall (both on QS and THE), although each university may excel more in specific fields (which would be reflected in field-specific rankings) than the other.

Armon

HSC
opposite: qs has usyd at 18 and unsw at 19. also uni rankings are scams. The only category on QS world rankings that usyd beats unsw at is sustainability (i dont see how solar panels change a unis ability to teach) and prestige. How on earth do you determine prestige without the ranks first??? QS sure as hell doesnt show how. is it employabiltiy? nope, theyve got a seperate categroy for employer prestige, which unsw wins in??!??!?

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
USyd is ranked higher than UNSW overall (both on QS and THE), although each university may excel more in specific fields (which would be reflected in field-specific rankings) than the other.
hey do u think that more people would be going to usyd or unsw? i really don't know and no one seems to have a conclusion? which one spceliases in medicine which I what I want to do would u know? thanks a lot

liamkk112

HSC
ngl uni rankings are pretty useless for the majority of fields, unless if youre interested in research in which case dont use qs and use something like leiden rankings which are based on citations and have no bias (or at least aim to demonstrate none through their methodology)

australia already releases their own government reports on unis anyway thatll tell u the grad salary and employment rate from different unis in different degree fields which is much more useful for most people, they also do a survey on teaching satisfaction although id say that every uni in sydney is gonna have mostly great lecturers and then a couple classes which aren't so well taught

Armon

HSC
hey do u think that more people would be going to usyd or unsw? i really don't know and no one seems to have a conclusion? which one spceliases in medicine which I what I want to do would u know? thanks a lot
if you want to do medicine you get what you get and you dont get upset.

liamkk112

HSC
pretty much all medicine programs are gonna be equivalent in australia, u get the stamp of approval for accreditation and thats it really
the curriculum is standardised so you wouldn't notice much of a difference, just go to whichever uni u can get into rlly, if one is closer to u try to aim for that because chances are placements will be nearby to the uni

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be difficult to determine the more popular university, since both universities are large and are usually a top choice for many students (because they are both generally very good).

Like other universities, both USyd and UNSW offer a Doctor of Medicine program. Essentially, you should enrol at the university that makes you an offer (which may be a university other than USyd or UNSW). The specific university that you attend is not a major consideration for medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)