UNSW Roll Call 2013 (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1st year B. Science (Advanced), going to major in Maths (focusing on pure) and Physics (focusing on theoretical). I think that Maths/Phys double major was previously disallowed in Adv. Sc., but they've opened it up this year according to a few staff members.

... Then I'm going to USyd to study philosophy. UNSW arts degree requires a minor, and nothing else in the arts faculty interests me. Linguistics sound alright, but... eh... Philosophy all the way!
looked it up

apparently they do allow maths majors in advanced science now

hmm

But it'll just be listed as "Mathematics" major, rather than "Pure Mathematics" or "Applied Mathematics" or whatever if you did the Adv. Maths course

the things you learn.

Rawf

HSC
you mean if you get in
Lol true dat. My uni friends told me it's relatively easy to transfer into comm law, but I don't even know if I want to do law anyways. The only thing that interests me would be business law... I think you can do that in straight comm?
I guess I'm just aspiring to do an honours for the time being.

& shh Justin, give me your scholarship :'(

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Lol true dat. My uni friends told me it's relatively easy to transfer into comm law, but I don't even know if I want to do law anyways. The only thing that interests me would be business law... I think you can do that in straight comm?
I guess I'm just aspiring to do an honours for the time being.

& shh Justin, give me your scholarship :'(
Your friends are right, you only needed a 75 WAM this year, and first year commerce subjects are about as easy as uni subjects get. Anyone who is determined to transfer into comm/law after their first year should get in, its not hard to get a 75 WAM if you really put your mind to it.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
Your friends are right, you only needed a 75 WAM this year, and first year commerce subjects are about as easy as uni subjects get. Anyone who is determined to transfer into comm/law after their first year should get in, its not hard to get a 75 WAM if you really put your mind to it.
do they take into consideration your ATAR for transfer? And also what are the requirements for an honours degree?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No. And 75 WAM, plus other requirements like you having a supervisor organised by yourself and whatnot.

Zaikatana

HSC
N/A
B Software Engineering, 1st year.
I hope to make friends with lots of people.
Havent seen anyone in this list doing software... anyone?

J

JAKEHARB

Bachelor of Planning

1st Year, four day timetable, nine hours on Fridays :\
Same as me haha. Tuesday I only have an hour lecture which I plan on never attending. So 3 day timetable :D

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
B. Science, first year, majoring in biotechnology :3

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
1st year B. Science (Advanced), going to major in Maths (focusing on pure) and Physics (focusing on theoretical). I think that Maths/Phys double major was previously disallowed in Adv. Sc., but they've opened it up this year according to a few staff members.

... Then I'm going to USyd to study philosophy. UNSW arts degree requires a minor, and nothing else in the arts faculty interests me. Linguistics sound alright, but... eh... Philosophy all the way!
Why didn't you just do BSc(Adv)(Physics and Mathematics)/BA(Philosophy) at USyd?
It would only take 4 years and USyd has a pretty fantastics Physics department and the pure maths is supposed to be good too.
And doing what you're doing it will take 7 years to get the same thing that you could get in 5 at USyd - Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours) (Physics and Mathematics) and Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy).

I don't understand your thinking to do what you're doing... :/

(And I don't know if this is true, but I don't think you need a minor in your BA at UNSW if it's combined with another degree so you could've done that degree there too in less time and less HECS debt)

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Why didn't you just do BSc(Adv)(Physics and Mathematics)/BA(Philosophy) at USyd?
It would only take 4 years and USyd has a pretty fantastics Physics department and the pure maths is supposed to be good too.
And doing what you're doing it will take 7 years to get the same thing that you could get in 5 at USyd - Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours) (Physics and Mathematics) and Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy).

I don't understand you're thinking to do what you're doing... :/

(And I don't know if this is true, but I don't think you need a minor in your BA at UNSW if it's combined with another degree so you could've done that degree there too in less time and less HECS debt)
maybe he doesn't want to go to a shit university?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
maybe he doesn't want to go to a shit university?
Then why is he going to UNSW???

But also, he wrote he was going to USyd for a BA in Philosophy after he BSc(Adv) so why not just do combined BA/BSc(Adv) at either UNSW or USyd???

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I don't understand you're thinking to do what you're doing... :/

yeah man

i can't wait to do maths at a building built in 1786

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm glad you're providing shallow answers as always.

Here's a maths proof for you:

Idiocy + Ignorance =/= Comic wit

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
And you go to UWS?
My point was that USyd and UNSW are pretty much on the same level.

And like, he even said in his post he was going to USyd later anyway.

If any of you read either of the posts I suggested USyd as the quickest way and then UNSW as well down the bottom (if you don't need a minor in a BA combined with something) and he said he was going to USyd for Philosophy so I pretty much said "Why are you doing it in 7 years instead of 4 or 5?!?!" and suggested faster/less expensive options.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
My point was that USyd and UNSW are pretty much on the same level.

And like, he even said in his post he was going to USyd later anyway.

If any of you read either of the posts I suggested USyd as the quickest way and then UNSW as well down the bottom (if you don't need a minor in a BA combined with something) and he said he was going to USyd for Philosophy so I pretty much said "Why are you doing it in 7 years instead of 4 or 5?!?!" and suggested faster/less expensive options.
oh right sorry, i probably should have read this thread properly before posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)