UNSW S1/18 Result Thread (1 Viewer)

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
FINS1613 is out (no scaling), ACCT2522 is out and MGMT1002 is out
Hey man what do you mean by fins being added without scaling. Do you mean that it is final and will not be scaled? Or that it will be higher soon due to upcoming scaling? Also how do you know?

SuperAltastic

HSC
Im pretty sure they scale the marks before they put them in for the final, also it might depends on your course coordinator if they might want to scale the marks or not.

mreditor16

HSC
My WAM in the stream dec has changed 3 times since last thursday... does that mean that 3 of my courses have been entered? (1st yr here btw)
Yes, you're spot on there.
To be more accurate, 3 or more courses have been entered for you. Many schools submit the marks of multiple subjects at the same time. For example, I had two FINS marks uploaded at the same time. So it's been very possible that any of the changes you saw may reflect the addition of more than one subject. You should be able to deduce from the numerical value i.e. the decimals, how many subjects got added.

CNSie

HSC
Uni Grad
MMAN2130 just came out

nuggeted

HSC
N/A
To be more accurate, 3 or more courses have been entered for you. Many schools submit the marks of multiple subjects at the same time. For example, I had two FINS marks uploaded at the same time. So it's been very possible that any of the changes you saw may reflect the addition of more than one subject. You should be able to deduce from the numerical value i.e. the decimals, how many subjects got added.
Yeah I was wondering about that! Are our final course marks included in our WAM all integers? Because I'm pretty sure that my raw mark overall for micro was a decimal w/ .5, so would they just round that into the nearest integer for the WAM?

aoc

HSC
pretty sure your final mark should be an integer so yeah it mustve got rounded up

mreditor16

HSC
Yeah I was wondering about that! Are our final course marks included in our WAM all integers? Because I'm pretty sure that my raw mark overall for micro was a decimal w/ .5, so would they just round that into the nearest integer for the WAM?
Yes, all uploaded and reported marks are integers.

nuggeted

HSC
N/A
Yes, all uploaded and reported marks are integers.
Ah cool thank you! Also wondering if you could help me figure out how the decimal place thing works? The first time I checked my WAM it ended in .5, the second time I checked it was .333 and currently it is at .75

CNSie

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah cool thank you! Also wondering if you could help me figure out how the decimal place thing works? The first time I checked my WAM it ended in .5, the second time I checked it was .333 and currently it is at .75
If it ended in .5, 2 courses have been added (sum adds to an odd number and is divided by 2), Ending in .333 shows that 3 courses have been added and .75 shows that 4 courses have been added. Integrand has gone much more on detail regarding this topic.

HSC
does anyone know if any of INFS courses have been added yet?

aoc

HSC
friends are saying infs1602 is out

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
One of OS, COMP3411 or comp3311 is up, anyone know which it is?

chadbonham

HSC
N/A
Wait are you sure FINS1613 is out.. because I legit thought I failed because I guessed like half the paper... but my WAM isn't that tragic?? I'm so confused.. but I hope so
I can't guarantee it is without scaling, but I am 95% sure that it wasn't scaled. Reason being my final grade was spot on as I predicted if the course wasn't scaled, my friends likewise did as expected without scaling. Furthermore, when your overall grade for a course has been uploaded on stream declaration it almost always is final.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
I can't guarantee it is without scaling, but I am 95% sure that it wasn't scaled. Reason being my final grade was spot on as I predicted if the course wasn't scaled, my friends likewise did as expected without scaling. Furthermore, when your overall grade for a course has been uploaded on stream declaration it almost always is final.
That's dissappointing :( our quizzes and final were much harder than last year, yet last year the quizzes got scaled. Fml

SuxMATH

HSC
N/A
That's dissappointing :( our quizzes and final were much harder than last year, yet last year the quizzes got scaled. Fml
Sounds like Robert Tumarkin wasn't in charge this year, the lad was the type who probably couldn't sleep if his students did poorly.

aoc

HSC
This so much ~~~~ the last few questions were hard as

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)