UNSW Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Outline
These Awards are provided to encourage academically gifted local Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent students from NSW and ACT high schools to undertake undergraduate study at UNSW.

An Academic Achievement Award (AAA) comprises:
- The presentation of a Nomination Certificate to each AAA nominee
- A single payment of $4,000 upon following confirmation of enrolment at UNSW
- AAA nominees who have a preference in their UAC application for a program at UNSW (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) will receive a guaranteed offer into that program provided:
o Their ATAR or equivalent is within 5 points of the published cut-off of their preferred program;
o They meet any additional selection criteria for the program; and
o They do not receive an offer to a higher preference.

Does that mean you can get into UNSW Law with 94.6 ATAR?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, you should.

I might be getting into my degree via this as well!

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn. I wished it could lower the threshold for Medicine. :)
Guess, I have to work harder.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I was nominated for this, but I do not want to go to UNSW. I wish I could give it to a deserving citizen who wants to go there...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah you told me about 'the vibe'. What vibe? What's the vibe you get from it?! Tell us... please.

/me puts his listening face on

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
holy shit. what is this and where can i apply?

i want do a combined degree in comm/law and will fall short.. but only just

edit: ahh fuk it dw just did a quick search

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can't apply. The school awards it to one person - so ask your school if they've awarded it, if not - put your name up for selection!

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
im trying to get into comm/law @ unsw for my 2011 atar but probably wont make 99.55 so looks like its an internal transfer from economics/commerce for me, ive heard about a disadvantaged school/situation application that could also help with getting into uni, gonna research it for details...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
does anyone know when is the latest date the school can nominate their student? i emailed the school a few days ago... but their on holidays..

mecramarathon

HSC
^ too late the deadline was like 31 oct

IMHO that award is rigged like a kid who got 99.55 through hard work cannot be equated with a kid who got 94.55 and a $4000 bonus lol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
^ too late the deadline was like 31 oct

IMHO that award is rigged like a kid who got 99.55 through hard work cannot be equated with a kid who got 94.55 and a $4000 bonus lol
ye i read the deadline was 31 october.. but was hoping it still wouldn't be too late especially if the school hadn't nominated someone lol

wishful thinking oops ahha

Last edited:

iTz Osky

HSC
ye i read the deadline was 31 october.. but was hoping it still wouldn't be too late especially if the school hadn't nominated someone lol

wishful thinking oops ahha
hmm... my school called to nominate me in late november, and i was awarded the scholarship?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah you told me about 'the vibe'. What vibe? What's the vibe you get from it?! Tell us... please.

/me puts his listening face on
It feels drab, dull and the students don't seem to be into the same things as I am... if I can speak so broadly. It's an entirely foreign feeling considering I come from a very rural area, yet USyd and I got a long really well.

I dunno, it's personal preference really.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hmm... my school called to nominate me in late november, and i was awarded the scholarship?
Well, if you go there - happy $4000 because its 5 point program won't really apply to you =P

And Aquawhite, unfortunately I can't see that because I've never been to UNSW... still, that's the second opinion I've heard with that tone.

Overall, I've read so many opinions and now really - my brain is overloaded and... I'm considering just going into silly criteria to figure out what university I'll be applying seriously for, such as: the university that has given me the most free stuff (Sydney), the university that will pay me the most to attend (UNSW), the university I've taken the most steps in (Sydney), the university that is closest to home (Macquarie), the university that will get me as far away as possible from home but still be close enough to commute in a somewhat reasonable way every day (Wollongong), the university with the most hot chicks (???, apparently Sydney?)... etc. =P

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
UNSW = U Never See Whites

Why would you even want to go there? lolehhhhhhhhhhhh

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
He is.

UNSW = U Never See Whites

Why would you even want to go there? lolehhhhhhhhhhhh
That actually isn't remotely true, unless you do business/commerce. In which case, you wouldn't be just hanging around the business/commerce area lol.

jasonn

HSC
Well, if you go there - happy $4000 because its 5 point program won't really apply to you =P

And Aquawhite, unfortunately I can't see that because I've never been to UNSW... still, that's the second opinion I've heard with that tone.

Overall, I've read so many opinions and now really - my brain is overloaded and... I'm considering just going into silly criteria to figure out what university I'll be applying seriously for, such as: the university that has given me the most free stuff (Sydney), the university that will pay me the most to attend (UNSW), the university I've taken the most steps in (Sydney), the university that is closest to home (Macquarie), the university that will get me as far away as possible from home but still be close enough to commute in a somewhat reasonable way every day (Wollongong), the university with the most hot chicks (???, apparently Sydney?)... etc. =P
Apparently Maq has hotter chicks than Syd, since a lot of them come from the north shore, and based on observations, north shore chicks aree wayyyy hotter than sydney chicks

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Apparently Maq has hotter chicks than Syd, since a lot of them come from the north shore, and based on observations, north shore chicks aree wayyyy hotter than sydney chicks
Because that is SO important right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)