UNSW Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
UWS? What? Why?

Besides, they have no courses that interest me. I'll have to deny myself their presence to get to the course...! =P

And hot chicks are exceedingly important in uni life. I've seen the movies.

iTz Osky

HSC
UWS? What? Why?

Besides, they have no courses that interest me. I'll have to deny myself their presence to get to the course...! =P

And hot chicks are exceedingly important in uni life. I've seen the movies.
only based on my personal experience, but the 1st year chicks who helped out with the med interviews at UWS were all uber cute. Dunno if that is definitive of the entire school, but since I'm going to medicine if any at UWS then thats the school for me =O having been to both USYD and UNSW countless times, I can safely and honestly say that Usyd has far more attractive girls.

And yes, I too have seen the movies >_>

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
only based on my personal experience, but the 1st year chicks who helped out with the med interviews at UWS were all uber cute. Dunno if that is definitive of the entire school, but since I'm going to medicine if any at UWS then thats the school for me =O having been to both USYD and UNSW countless times, I can safely and honestly say that Usyd has far more attractive girls.

And yes, I too have seen the movies >_>
Isn't UWS MMI? So you had hot girls in every station?

iTz Osky

HSC
Isn't UWS MMI? So you had hot girls in every station?
alas, sadly not haha. You are correct in saying that it is MMI, and not a single hot girl interviewed us (although apparently there was a hot actress playing a patient with asthma in a separate group). What UWS did for us was divide us into two groups, with 10 stations per group. Helping both group was two 1st year girls, and each one of the four were cute. These students acted as helpers in guiding us towards the stations (interviews were held in separate buildings to the actual registration), and acting as support and company during the rest station and 2 minutes in between each station. Later they ran a survey which, although not compulsory, most do. I don't know whether this was a deliberate ploy by UWS in selecting the creme de la creme, but certainly helped with the whole process.

Good luck in your pursuit of medicine next year, studying for the UMAT and interviews were great experiences for me as a person! Fingers crossed that I get in to any med school haha. I'm sure you'll get in, what with your beastly maths marks this year.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
alas, sadly not haha. You are correct in saying that it is MMI, and not a single hot girl interviewed us (although apparently there was a hot actress playing a patient with asthma in a separate group). What UWS did for us was divide us into two groups, with 10 stations per group. Helping both group was two 1st year girls, and each one of the four were cute. These students acted as helpers in guiding us towards the stations (interviews were held in separate buildings to the actual registration), and acting as support and company during the rest station and 2 minutes in between each station. Later they ran a survey which, although not compulsory, most do. I don't know whether this was a deliberate ploy by UWS in selecting the creme de la creme, but certainly helped with the whole process.

Good luck in your pursuit of medicine next year, studying for the UMAT and interviews were great experiences for me as a person! Fingers crossed that I get in to any med school haha. I'm sure you'll get in, what with your beastly maths marks this year.
Thanks. I hope you get into Med. :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm, they get really attractive women to guide you through a day at their university - no, I don't think it was a ploy =P

I hope at least you chatted some of them up. Not that I know how to do that <_<

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
oh cool so basically does my school have to put my name down to unsw? if so im going to talk to my hsie coodinator to see if i can get one going for our school for my hsc in 2011, because as far as i know we have not offered this to anyone or probably arent even participating...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
oh cool so basically does my school have to put my name down to unsw? if so im going to talk to my hsie coodinator to see if i can get one going for our school for my hsc in 2011, because as far as i know we have not offered this to anyone or probably arent even participating...
Yeah, they have to apply. It's probably too late to nominate you though...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, they have to apply. It's probably too late to nominate you though...
he's doing his hsc in 20011.. so he's sweet

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually the principle nominates. I received the UWS scholarship this year and hope to get UNSW next year. :)

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
the principal nominates? damn, my principal is practically deaths shadow lol. Is there a link to more info by any chance?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
its too late
the nominations have closed already

here's some info

Dear STUDENT,

Congratulations on being your school’s nominee for the 2011 UNSW Academic Achievement Award (AAA).

As your school’s nominee you are entitled to

a single payment of $4,000 following confirmation of enrolment at UNSW in Semester 1 2011; and

a guaranteed offer into a program at UNSW for which you have listed a preference in your UAC application (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) provided that:

your selection rank is within 5 points of the published cut off for the program;
you have met any Additional Selection Criteria for entry into the program; and
you have not received an offer to a higher preference.

If you receive an offer to UNSW for Semester 1 2011 UNSW Scholarships will send you a letter in early February giving you details of how and when you will be paid the single payment of $4,000.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I seriously hope it's not just a large ploy. Because if that letter says: "You will then be pitted against the 800 or so other students in a Battle Royale - with the winner receiving $4 000. This money will be suspended ten metres above the arena in which you will all fight - in a briefcase. The only way to win, and stop the carnage, is to ascend the ladder and retrieve the briefcase"... <_<

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I seriously hope it's not just a large ploy. Because if that letter says: "You will then be pitted against the 800 or so other students in a Battle Royale - with the winner receiving $4 000. This money will be suspended ten metres above the arena in which you will all fight - in a briefcase. The only way to win, and stop the carnage, is to ascend the ladder and retrieve the briefcase"... <_<
Dude, I wanna see that =P

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
^ that would be epic tho, full have an arena of spectators with unsw cashing in on the ticket sales LOL

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The WWE would probably sue though for improper use of original concept... =P

bitumen

HSC
i got a 'high achiever award'..is it the same as this thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)