UNSW- thoughts. (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
What are everyone's thoughts on completing a degree on Media ( PR and advertising) @ UNSW?
I'm thinking of doing it, I just want people's viewpoints on the degree and UNI and to also state the jobs available with doing the course.
( and whether the pay is good ofcourse hehehe)

thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have a friend doing Media at UNSW - she showed me a news article (albeit in mX) about how there were like 3500 applicants for 200 or so jobs for graduates. So apparently there is a vast oversupply of graduates. That said, if you are good enough, you'll get a job.

UNSW is a fantastic uni, I'd recommend it - the degree... well, my friend enjoys it mostly - there are some subjects she has to take which aren't that fun, and I'd wager that jobs from this degree include those in PR and advertising. :p

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
One piece of advice I would give you if you wish to pursue a career in this field is to start early.

This is a field which doesn't necessarily lend itself to theory so it isn't practical to discern which graduates are suitable for a job based on academic performance. Get involved in pursuits which actively incorporate your area of interest, with the view of improving your marketability when looking for a full-time job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)