UNSW vs USYD in engineering. Which is superior? (1 Viewer)

RofL

HSC
Hi, I know this has been asked heaps but I was just wondering which uni is better for engineering. Which one will provide me with more opportunities in finding a job when i graduate. I read that Usyd's engineering courses are outdated and irrelevant, and that UNSW has better facilities and a better course. So explain which uni is superior, and WHY it is preferred over the other. =]

thanks.

ascentyx

HSC
These threads never end; usyd vs unsw engineering, macq vs unsw actuarial etc etc. Ultimately it's not going to matter which university you choose, as they are both fucking awesome. Choose whatever is closer (more convenient) or one which more of your friends go to etc.

HSC
after a year of it, you won't really give a fuck what uni its at

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Hi, I know this has been asked heaps but I was just wondering which uni is better for engineering. Which one will provide me with more opportunities in finding a job when i graduate. I read that Usyd's engineering courses are outdated and irrelevant, and that UNSW has better facilities and a better course. So explain which uni is superior, and WHY it is preferred over the other. =]

thanks.
Well thanks for telling yourself.

YouTube - DrChrisTisdell's Channel

RofL

HSC
I always thought that UNSW was better but I found out if i do engineering at USyd I can study overseas for a year ... which i want to do.

Even though UNSW is supposedly better (by popular opinion) , in the end, there are no MAJOR benefits in going to unsw and which uni I go to won't affect me too much when i finish. Am i correct in saying this?

Geologic

Banned
HSC
I always thought that UNSW was better but I found out if i do engineering at USyd I can study overseas for a year ... which i want to do.
(You can study overseas at every uni. A pretty shitty 'point of disparity' right there.)

UNSW is ranked higher in engineering and it's easy to see why. The whole uni is focused around engineering and the teaching & research is l33t. Plus they allow more types of specializations.

If you want to study arts or law or something pointless like that, go to USyd.
If you want to be a maddog and actually study something worthwhile and that will put some pretty penny in your carman (engineering), come to UNSW.

Plus the devotchka's are truly amazing. Seriously, some good goobers & groodies strolling the campus.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Even though UNSW is supposedly better (by popular opinion) , in the end, there are no MAJOR benefits in going to unsw and which uni I go to won't affect me too much when i finish. Am i correct in saying this?
Dude, are you sure you've researched? :/

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
both unis are good. if you have the choice between the 2, look at the electives that are on offer, and which course you might prefer. if they're both pretty much the same, look at other stuff like uni life, transport, etc to make up your mind.

for undergrad, those rankings are pretty meaningless

untouchablecuz

HSC
one question:

lets say you're offered a 6 grand/pa scholarship @ USyd and nothing @ UNSW

also, travel to USyd is easier than travel to UNSW

where would you go?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
one question:

where would you go?
I was in that position and I still chose UNSW. OP- consider the teaching and courses offered.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
one question:

where would you go?
lol you are absolutely out of your mind if you chose UNSW over Usyd in that case

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
one question:

where would you go?
despite how pro unsw i am, i'd choose usyd over unsw in that scenario

LordPc

HSC
one question:

where would you go?
looking at the previous responses begs a certain question

it appears that unsw is better for engineering, but would you take money (eg a scholarship) to go to usyd?

and if you would, then i suppose you must consider whether or not you are choosing engineering for the right reasons.

IMO, given the opportunity to become a good engineering or an excellent engineer, then money shouldnt really effect that choice

(also, anybody that rejects unsw in favour of usyd because of travel time is retarded)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)