upcoming exam? are u ready? (1 Viewer)

retrowoman

HSC
hey there everyone, best of luck for friday, im tryin to study hard i really want to excel in this after doing not so great in ancient, (i mean, seriously, could they make the serious anymore boring?)

anyways, just wanted to get some opinions on whether ure confident or freaking out right now? how do u think it will go? what do u think the questions will be?

Odourless

HSC
How many Historians interpretations are we meant to be looking at for the case study question?

If I look at 2 differing views/perspectives that argue with each other a bit is that enough?

retrowoman

HSC
hey odourless, what a strange name.... um yes, 2 should be plenty, the majority of questions i have seen only ask for 2, what case study are you doing?

if any one out there is doin martin luther can you give me an email - im the only one from my school doing it and its nice to have reassurance that what ure studying is right...

Ev3

HSC
retrowoman said:
hey odourless, what a strange name.... um yes, 2 should be plenty, the majority of questions i have seen only ask for 2, what case study are you doing?

if any one out there is doin martin luther can you give me an email - im the only one from my school doing it and its nice to have reassurance that what ure studying is right...
Guyz wat do mean only two...to be honest with u guyz i have two for and two againt for the Case study....btw im doing JFK

Plebeian

Most questions ask for two areas of debate. There may be more, but it hasn't happened so far. For both of those areas, you will have to present some differing views. You could use the same historians for both of the areas of debate (assuming they have their own opinions on a few different areas of the case study), or you could use different ones for each debate.

The important thing is that you show different historical perspectives in two of the areas of debate outlined in the syllabus. The more historians and different opinions you can bring into it, the better, as long as you can adequately explain why they might hold the view that they do (context, views on historiography, etc.), and that you have time to go into sufficient detail about each perspective.

Odourless

HSC
I'm doing the crusades and i was looking at two different areas of debate by 2 different historians.

noleman

HSC

Yeah I'm doing Martin Luther, seems like an alright case study, got it pretty much nailed down. I just hope they do the 2-3 topic points for the study rather then a general one like last year. Then again the best thing about Hist Ext is that you can usually twist the question to however you like it.
And two should be alright as long you know them in depth.
:)

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
I have Elton, Fogel and Finley for the historegraphical issue... I've got a few others up my sleeves but those guys cover both sides and the middle ground, so they'll be the main guns...

As for the Case Study (Tacitus) ... we'll see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)