Urgent Advice!!! (1 Viewer)

Mz.Utai

HSC
hey guys,
in the past year (2007) i completed year 11 and was meant to be in year 12 at the moment but due to some health problems, i was unable to study at all. ive so far missed a year of school. in this year i had many operations and its all still an ongoing process of sickness. at the moment im unable to study fulltime due to certain medication though i was thinking of doing year 12 over 2 years through distance education.i jus feel as though doing this would depress me and make matters worse but so far thats my only option to getting into uni. i was jus wondering if there are other pathways i could do that you know of?

thank you

T

Troy2287

Well you need year 12 to get into Uni (as far as I know).

I would suggest that you take the time off to recover, then go back when you're fit and healthy again...this way you will maximise your potential and won't be so stressed.

Goodluck and get well soon :)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i'm pretty sure you can do year 12 at tafe...

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
yes you can i would do that if i was in your situation, it is less days and less work then it is in a school environment.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
you can do it by Dist Ed or you can always apply under special circumstances or alternatively enter uni as a maature age student at 21

*Baby-K*

HSC
Hey, have you considered Macquarie UNI? They have a couple of pathways:
  • uniTEST- is designed to support those who may have experienced disadvantage during their HSC which impacted on their final results.
  • Educational Access Scheme- For applicants who can prove that educational performance during Year 11 and/or Year 12 or equivalent has been seriously affected by circumstances beyond their control
Check out http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/undergrad/admissions/prospectivestudents/alternatepathways/uniTest.htm
and
http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/undergrad/admissions/prospectivestudents/alternatepathways/eas.htm

Good luck with everything :)

miche11e

HSC
if i were you, id complete a course at tafe which would lead meinto the major at uni that i wanted to do... or do distance ed and apply for an equity scholarship or whatever?
hope this helps! get well soon

Mz.Utai

HSC
thanks guys :)
though is it harder to get to uni by tafe yr 12?

Last edited:

*Baby-K*

HSC
I don't think it would necessarily be harder, you won't get the scaling your school's rank provides but then you will have special provision allowances because you've been sick. In the end it all comes to how well you do in the HSC.:uhhuh:

runnable

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I don't think it would necessarily be harder, you won't get the scaling your school's rank provides but then you will have special provision allowances because you've been sick. In the end it all comes to how well you do in the HSC.:uhhuh:
wth? Scaling your school's rank provides? You are so misinformed. Your school's rank does not influence your UAI whatsoever. It only gives an idea of the ability of the cohort.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
but in the end it will all come down to how well you do in the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)