URGENT (Coles Myer Group Interview) (1 Viewer)

a little lost

relationships pfft
i failed the group interview i didn't talk enough.
how do u but in it was so hard. i had this guy on my table which basically dominated the talking.
i'm so disappointed.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by a little lost
i failed the group interview i didn't talk enough.
how do u but in it was so hard. i had this guy on my table which basically dominated the talking.
i'm so disappointed.

Never be intimidated by loud ppl on ur table. I was lucky most of the people on my table were around my age and we were the LOUD table. We never shut up... even when we were supposed to hehe. But if you have loud ppl, just speak over them. Be pushy, remember this is YOUR ONLY CHANCE at getting them to notice you, and its your chance at employment. Don't let them get the job just because they wouldnt shut the fk up.

I pity the 2 yr 9 ppl on our table. We were all 4+ years older them and we all got on really well (even the superviser chick was enjoying herself with us). The chick i was sitting next to couldn't seem to get a word in edgewise and the other guy was so nervous he was stuttering. I think he might have gotten thru (maybe) because he did try, she on the other hand.. i doubt would have gotten thru she was just so quiet that the chick who was supervising us didnt even have any notes for her. (I was sitting next to the superviser chick so i was.. err glancing her way ;) )

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Being pushy and loud is not going to guarantee you a place. It depends on what you say, not just how much you say. I got nothing much in during discussions, because I'm a quiet person by nature. I can't help that, and I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not. I got through based on, I'm guessing, my experience, availability, and my "performance" when I was required to talk.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Being pushy and loud is not going to guarantee you a place. It depends on what you say, not just how much you say. I got no say in during discussions, because I'm a quiet person by nature. I can't help that, and I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not. I got through based on, I'm guessing, my experience, availability, and my "performance" when I was required to talk.
No it wont guarrantee you a place.. but when ur in a group of know it all snobs who won't let u get a word in edgewise.. then unless you don't want the job, you speak up.

If you don't speak then they have nothing to judge you by. It also counts to be 'friendly' with the ppl ur with. They want to see how u interact with your group (non-verbally) as well as how much you contribute. You only have that small 15min window to impress, tho a generous smile and good attitude the whole way thru doesn't hurt.

Carlito

HSC
Anyone got tips for the 2nd in-store interview thing once youve passed the group interview and been invited for the next interview thing?

confusing yes?
well they dont tell me hardly any info on what to expect. so im confused too.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I just don't think talking for the sake of talking is a particularly good idea, I guess. Like my favourite saying goes: It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. You can communicate through other means such as body language (<- methinks that's a particularly important one)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
Anyone got tips for the 2nd in-store interview thing once youve passed the group interview and been invited for the next interview thing?

confusing yes?
well they dont tell me hardly any info on what to expect. so im confused too.

Its just like a normal 1-on-1 sort of interview. How its conducted depends on the person doing it. But generally its just a 'see if ur the one we want' sort of thing. When i went we chatted for a few minutes about school and what i wanted a job for, when i'd be available etc. then i was shown around and after that they were like 'so u want the job?'

Carlito

HSC
Originally posted by eviltama
Its just like a normal 1-on-1 sort of interview. How its conducted depends on the person doing it. But generally its just a 'see if ur the one we want' sort of thing. When i went we chatted for a few minutes about school and what i wanted a job for, when i'd be available etc. then i was shown around and after that they were like 'so u want the job?'
ohh ok thanks, so its kinda layed back and stuff not like a full serious interview? should i dress casual or fomal style?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
ohh ok thanks, so its kinda layed back and stuff not like a full serious interview? should i dress casual or fomal style?
As i said it depends on who does it. But dress semi formal-ish. You wanna put on a good show after all, so think of it as a serious interview if that helps.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
i did one of these things like a week ago and got through to next stage,
so many fuckwits at my table just kept talking the whole time, i didnt say much but i think what i did say was a lot more valid than most of the crap these morons were spouting just for the sake of it.
I really wanna job from officeworks, hope i get it

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I did the online test and got a really high score... how long does it take before you get invited to a group interview?

My work just cut back my frigging hours because they put on all these other new people and now I need a second job soon!!!! I would really love to work for a big company like Coles Myer but the application process is so drawn out!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I got a call for the interview about a week after submitting the application.

MrA

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I did the online test and got a really high score... how long does it take before you get invited to a group interview?
what is this online test? how do know ur result/

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
When you apply for Coles Myer one stage is an online test. They email you back with your results.

I applied for Coles Myer in January. Got asked to do the online test in March.... It's almost May now and still no interview!!! Even though the test results were really high.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Hm...I never encountered any online test. Just an application then an interview.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i never got my results emailed back to me, tho i've done the test twice.. and that shits me i wanna know what i got!

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
did you type in your correct email address ?
the one that you have on the colesmyer application page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)