Urgent: Entire HSC through Distance Education?? Yes or No (1 Viewer)

k_2017

HSC
Hi :smile:

I'm just about to finish Year 11. My family lives overseas, in Term 3 last year I moved back to Aus, coming back to old friends and escaping the IB diploma :blink2: (it is a bit more complicated then that). Things are quite different now- I'm not seeing my friends near as much as I used to (different schools), and I have felt I've lost motivation towards school since coming back which is very unlike me :( .

I visited my family these holidays and they could tell I had been missing them a lot- My dad explained that the Department of Education allows students overseas to study via distance for up to 12 months :rolleyes2: . I would be doing this through Karabar Distance Ed. I think this would suit me well, I am fairly quiet at school (INFJ:)) and enjoy working alone, however this is a scary concept- doing something completely new for the HSC. I have a limited time frame to make this decision.

Have you had experience with Distance Education??

k_2017

HSC
Yes, I've just struggled a bit recently :confused2:

allofme

HSC
If you want to, go for it, as long as you are sure and think it through really well so you don't regret it later.
But hey we have the same personality type, but im an ENFJ (extrovert not introvert), so seeing eye to eye here, you can go out and do anything you set your mind do :)

Simorgh

HSC
Get more information on how this works, whether you will be comfortable with such arrangements, look at the disadvantages and advantages and then make a decision.

Also would you prefer to go to an Australian or an overseas University where your family resides ask that to yourself.

Good Luck.

k_2017

HSC
Thank you!! :) Yes I think being an I and also J type would be helpful (I wouldn't miss lunchtime small talk and would have a good chance of sticking to schedules etc :) ) It's tough because although I see big advantages in it I would be moving from a school ranked roughly 100 to one ranked roughly 350/400 and that worries me a little :uhoh:

k_2017

HSC
Thanks Simorgh, absolutely I will be calling them when school resumes to find out a bit more- particularly if I'll have to fly back for trials and/or final exams :)

Flop21

HSC
Thank you!! :) Yes I think being an I and also J type would be helpful (I wouldn't miss lunchtime small talk and would have a good chance of sticking to schedules etc :) ) It's tough because although I see big advantages in it I would be moving from a school ranked roughly 100 to one ranked roughly 350/400 and that worries me a little :uhoh:
If you're worried that will effect your mark, don't worry too much. It just means you will have a much bigger chance of topping the school, and you might not have a bunch of people surrounding you who are aiming for super high marks. But that doesn't really matter because you will mainly be by yourself anyway. The school will provide you with everything basically you need to do your schooling, but as always YOU will need to be the one doing extra homework and study outside of what your school gives you. Like everyone does during the HSC.

Exams will be wherever you are. Trials will be either wherever you are, or at the school. You will have to fly back to sit the HSC in a school though.

I can chat with you more about this whole thing since I did do the HSC this way. PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)