Urgent Help!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey ppL
my prob is dat whenevr i sit 2 study i get distracted very easily! like today i was studying chem n then suddenly i started thinking abt something completely different !!!!:eek:
how can i cope with distraction??:(

pls help!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
go out and enjoy your holidays, take a break. You've just had a full on year at school and if you keep going you WILL burn out. My suggestion is keep the first three or four weeks to yourself and use the rest for study. At least then you will have had time to collect yourself and calm down and studying will be WAY more effective (and a bit of study in the last few weeks will get you back into the swing of things for school so you won't have to adjust when you go back)

Christine

beige member
HSC
avoid these forums when u actually want/need to study!!!

set a study timetable and stick to it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

lol especially when you always want to out-post people and always have the thing say last post by t-i-m-m-y or whateva
out-post ...:D

after a while you feel like you know the people in the forums ... and hanging around the forum becomes part of your everyday routine ... except when you cant get on the net ...

Christine

beige member
HSC

lol especially when you always want to out-post people and always have the thing say last post by t-i-m-m-y or whateva
just be careful u don't start spamming.... otherwise there will be trouble headed your way..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Before those two *freaks* take over this thread.. :p :p

As Chris (I think) said, study timetables are good... probably don't make much of a difference until you get your Yr12 timetable (if it's different to the yr11 one) though.

Stay away from computers if you can :)
Turn off music with words, cause you always wanna sing along.
And avoid libraries. Libraries are the literal Den of Evil. :)

Schemin

Me!
Defffffffffffffffffffffinitely, avoid the threads. I mean, not cos they're bad or anything, but whether you're looking for an excuse or not, they'll give you one. If you're trying to study, stay away. If you're a bum like me and know you should study, but just keep looking for another delay, then this is your heaven.

Yeah, and give yourself reward periods, when you've done so much study, have a break, have a holiday, give yourself a day off. If u do that then u'll be able to study more when you go back to it.

pri

HSC
N/A
avoid the following evils

computers
the internet
local libraries - state and fisher are the way to go
computers
catchy music
computers
magazines/books in ur room that u'd rather read
looking out of window
the kitchen (food is always a good excuse for not studying)
computers

thats all I can think of

oh did i forget
COMPUTERS!! especially if they have the internet coz no productive work can be dont with a functional internet connected computer

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Christine

just be careful u don't start spamming.... otherwise there will be trouble headed your way..
okay thanx for the warning christine:mad: whats the point in spamming????

some of my messages r short but they're not spam i hate riting lonng messages

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
Before those two *freaks* take over this thread.. :p :p
who are you refering to ...

okay thanx for the warning christine:mad: whats the point in spamming????

some of my messages r short but they're not spam i hate riting lonng messages
whats the point of spamming ... forum (instead of world) domination ... a higher post count ... but of course spamming will not be tolerated ... *refers to announcement a while back* ...

aby

------------>
here's an idea:

surround yourself with chemistry, everywhere - dot points pinned to your desk, scribbled on the wall, painted on the ceiling, tattooed to your forehead, get a periodic table lampsahde, and a period table curtain, wear laboratory glasses 24/7 to get yourself in the mood, name yourself elizabethium

>
>
>
or alternatively, just go out and relax for an hour beofre u sit to study so you are focused when u study

;)

Schemin

Me!
surround yourself with chemistry, everywhere - dot points pinned to your desk, scribbled on the wall, painted on the ceiling, tattooed to your forehead, get a periodic table lampsahde, and a period table curtain, wear laboratory glasses 24/7 to get yourself in the mood, name yourself elizabethium

Slightly extreme!!!

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

who are you refering to ...

whats the point of spamming ... forum (instead of world) domination ... a higher post count ... but of course spamming will not be tolerated ... *refers to announcement a while back* ...
yeah thanx for repeating the obvious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)