Urgent! History and geography (1 Viewer)

freedragon

HSC
ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ON WAT Qs THERE MIGHT BE, NOTES, TIPS OR ANYTHING ELSE TO CONTRIBUTE B4 THE SC EXAMS??? [MIANLY FOR HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY:burn: BUT ALSO OTHER SUBJECTS AS WELL]

TIMES RUNNING OUT GUYS! :bomb:

GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2009!!! :headbang:

missdelaney

HSC
N/A
The geography long response will almost definitely be on the global link, like defence, migration etc.
So study up for that one!

History maybe significant person or decade study?

freedragon

HSC
yeh that sounds about right... would we need to know specific aspects (protocols and dates) for the links or just examples and how they contributed to australia...

missdelaney

HSC
N/A
Stats and dates are the difference between a band 5 and a band 6. So if you want to acheive a band 6, I suggest you learn as many dates and figures as you can to add to your answer.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Geography:
- Global Links
- Geographical Processes
- Fieldwork

History:
- Social/cultural features of a decade
- Impact of changing technology
- Changing rights and freedoms of either aboriginals or migrants
- Vietnam war: veterans/opposition/ etc.

Very vague about geography. I'm hoping the long response is about global links.

HSC
N/A
Well, i've already planned my long responses. It's definitely the way to go for geography, history and possibly english.
As for geography the questions are likely to be on migration, aid and defenses. Just choose a topic out of; trade, defense, migration or aid - pick one that your school concentrated on the most. You basically have to describe the link, identify the countries involved and explain the roles of the different levels of government. You also really need to brush up on the RAP either on Waste Management or Urban Growth and Decline. I would definitely prepare a RAP and get your teacher to check it before you use it for the SC.
As for history, just prepare a long response on Australia's social and cultural features in the post-war period. This is basically describing american and British influence on australia, and music.

My sources; TRIAL EXAMS!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well, i've already planned my long responses. It's definitely the way to go for geography, history and possibly english.
As for geography the questions are likely to be on migration, aid and defenses. Just choose a topic out of; trade, defense, migration or aid - pick one that your school concentrated on the most. You basically have to describe the link, identify the countries involved and explain the roles of the different levels of government. You also really need to brush up on the RAP either on Waste Management or Urban Growth and Decline. I would definitely prepare a RAP and get your teacher to check it before you use it for the SC.
As for history, just prepare a long response on Australia's social and cultural features in the post-war period. This is basically describing american and British influence on australia, and music.

My sources; TRIAL EXAMS!

I don't plan my long responses, I make dot points. I used to plan my long responses but it became too difficult to remember and sometimes the questions would be different and I would have to manipulate my response to suit the question. Now that I remember dot points, it flows through my head so easily and I can easily manipulate it into a suitable response.

caffeinated4

straws; I clutch at them
HSC
I'm pretty sure that the extended response and short answer (5 marks questions) for History will be on the stuff that you have a choice about in the syllabus (e.g. Prime Minister, Decade, Migrants/Women) and the stuff that Everybody in the entire state does (e.g. Aborigines) will be in the multiple choice. Make some dot points and revise the dates, and do a few of the past papers.

Baggygreen408

HSC
Hey guys...

I'm doing my HSC atm, but i got 100 for both History and Geography in my School Certificate. Just know the core topics well- have statistics to back them up, especially if its aksing about Aid or global relationships in Geo. As for history, know your personality well, as well as an in depth knowledge on migrants and Aboriginal History, especially the Aboriginal rights movement, tent embassy, etc.

Don't stress too much (save that up for the HSC lol), and just write all you have, but try to be succinct, they don't expect pages and pages- they might give you 2, maybe 3 maximum pages for each response, so...

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)