URGENT! how many words in 40 minutes? (1 Viewer)

vaniLLa_554

HSC
i've got an exam on friday and i need to know if it is possible to write 1300 words in 40 minutes?
i know what the queston is, i write medium-paced i guess and i can memorise my essay by 2m0r0 night by saying it out loud, so that won't be a problem..
i don't have time to time myself bcuz my hand is hurting a lot rite now.. seriously.. and i don't want it to hurt more by friday..
i know it sounds stupid but i really need to know.....
thanks! =)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
im my 40 minute exam (5 minute reading) i prepared a 1500 word essay...

and...

i didn't finish in time -_-" but i did write most of it... mayb about 1300 and i write pretty slow so i think it should be possible if u write 1300..

however it is the MOST i have ever written... my hand hurt for a week after that exam..

Kulazzi

HSC
i don't know how many words but if ur an advanced student (presuming this is for english) then ur expected to do at least 3 pages (which I cannot do but anyways :p) :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
If you know your content well and don't waste time lifting the pen off the page to think, then you should be able to rattle off 5 pages....(of course, this also depends on how fast you write). But in an english exam, there shouldnt be any "fiddling with pen and thinking" time anyway.

Edit: If it IS an english exam LOL

vaniLLa_554

HSC
yeah it is an english exam...!
im going to stick to 1300 words ... it was around 1500 words before but i don't want to cut out anymore ..
anyway thanks :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
vaniLLa_554 said:
i've got an exam on friday and i need to know if it is possible to write 1300 words in 40 minutes?
i know what the queston is, i write medium-paced i guess and i can memorise my essay by 2m0r0 night by saying it out loud, so that won't be a problem..
i don't have time to time myself bcuz my hand is hurting a lot rite now.. seriously.. and i don't want it to hurt more by friday..
thanks! =)

so are you going to memorise aq 1500 essay off by heart? if you manage to then yeah you should be able to write. i need to learn an essay for a test next week. but how do you memorise 1300 words word for word?

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i memorised 1500 words by reading it over and over again before i went to bed.. then the hour before the test at school.. -_-"

i basically wrote it down word for word.. changed a few bits to suit question.. and also didn't have a conclusion.. other than.. "thankyou. we all changed" :D~which lost me my marks -_-"

i'm gona try listening to my notes when i sleep someday... hope it works. :D

Not Too Bright

i can do 1000 words max i think i'll get 80% for english advanced exam for a non english background speaker that only started learning english 5 years ago that's quite good

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you really just need to practise writing essays in 40 minutes. i think my record is 8 pages (that's the big exam booklet type) which is maybe 4-5 normal pages. i don't recommend memorising essays word for word personally.

DumbparameciuM

I've been quite easily writing 4 or 5 A4 pages in 40 minutes, just KNOW YOUR CONTENT and it becomes quite easy to do.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
2 weeks ago i wrote 6 pages in 80 mins.. then last friday in my pdhpe assessment..i wrote 5 pages in 40 mins.. i knew what i was going to write.. not off by heart tho

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
vaniLLa_554 said:
thanks! =)

i hope you got through it :) and i strongly hope it is possible!!!! i am preparing an essay to write in a 45 min exam and it is currently 1600 words and i am still going

i hope it is possible to write 2000 words in 45 min ( and since its for ancient history quickly putting in the soures they give you)

????? i hope so lol .. i am stresssing now

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
you really just need to practise writing essays in 40 minutes. i think my record is 8 pages (that's the big exam booklet type) which is maybe 4-5 normal pages. i don't recommend memorising essays word for word personally.

i only memorise essays word for word when i know the exact question .. and it helps so much ... then for the next test you do you can chuck in bits from previous essays

kpq_sniper017

Without Wings said:
yeh you should be able to write all that, i write over 1500 words in 40 mins and i aint exactly a speed machine
how do u write that much in 40 minutes? by that stage, my writing's a mess and it tends to get either really big as i write quickly, or really small and "drawn out" across the page. i think at the beginning of the year, i wrote an essay of about 1200 words and my hand was already aching....seriously, can u improve writing speed with practice? coz i just cant get my hand to write that quickly.

Cherry_blossom

HSC
I have an english exam this friday, and i havn't really studied yet.
so what type of essay should I prepare before the exams? you know what i mean? people say the essay is usually broad so you can make up an essay before hand and rattle it off in the exam.
what type of essay should i prepre?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)