Urgent Question on Heaney and Essay Structure (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I have been thinking of this for the last couple of weeks.
People that have studied Seamus Heaney are required to write about two of his poems. Yet doesn't this put people like me at a disadvantage, in that we have to write about TWO heaney poems, a second prescribed text (in this case the shipping news) and TWO related texts.
Whilst others only have to write about FOUR texts.
I am not the fastest of writers and so for me this actually becomes a quite a difficult task. Having to write about five texts in an in depth manner, whilst others only have to do four in an hour. What should i do....is there a solution?
Does anyone feel the same?

Could I merge my two poems into a more manageable chunk? or should i keep it as it is and just not write as much?
I'm lost!

any help would be much apppreciated

thanks

uberschveinen

HSC
You obviously only have to write half as much on each poem as you do on a normal text; less, in fact, if you do more poems. It's a non-issue.

JayJay07

HSC
Two poems are also shorter than a novel or a mini-series, it all balances out in the end.

n3ver_again

HSC
Because they are poems, you have to write on 2 or more for them to be considered a text. You write the same amount on 2 or more poems as you would for one normal text.
I don't think it's a disadvantage, im doing Heaney's poems too.
If anything it would be easier than trying to summarise a whole novel into a couple of paragraphs :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)