urgent question (1 Viewer)

HSC
i know all the techniques used in peter brook's production but i don't understant the purpose of it and what he is trying to achieve by producing it. like in other productions it is clear how context is being used or certain themes are being focussed on such as richard eyre's family one.

cheers

HSC
N/A
Whoa, fancy telling us which text and from which module you're talking about?!?!?!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ifsonotso_100 said:
i know all the techniques used in peter brook's production but i don't understant the purpose of it and what he is trying to achieve by producing it. like in other productions it is clear how context is being used or certain themes are being focussed on such as richard eyre's family one.

cheers
There is never a clear cut interpretation in single productions, they all have elements of various interpretations - for instance Eyre's production may be focused on the representation of the family but it has its own(though *very* limited) commentary on feminism. This is the same for Peter Brook's production of King Lear, it doesn't fit cleanly into a box but the main interpretations focused on in Brook's production are nihilism and and an undercurrent of feminism.

HSC
but how can you explain why it is nihilstic, i really don't understand why this is the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)