Urgent (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
in an extended response which includes the section 'elemnts of am marketing plan' with a case study, how much do we have to write about for the theory (nt the case study)
like for example with price, do we define all strategies and methods, then talk about which ones the case study applies to? coz then thats too much to write
ive already looked at the resource section so plz dont tell me to do that

also if they say write about elements of a marketing plan do we write 'identifying taget market' 'implementing monitoring controlling..' as well as the 4 ps and that other stuff
and ifi ts writing about 'marketing strategies' we just write about 4 p's and market segmentation product/service differentiation.
right?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Elements of a marketing plan:
-->Situation Analysis including
SWOT, Product Life Cycle
-->Identifying Target Market
-->Developing marketing Strategies
-->Implementation, monitoring and controlling

If its strategies, talk about the relevant strategies
If its section III, you refer to the scenario
if its section IV you refer to case study
E.g. when doing SWOT analysis use coca cola or something as the example
Developing marketing strategies u can talk bout market segmentation product/service differentiation. Also the 4Ps stuff that is relevant

Don't write everything, only what is relevant.
If its the report, use the elements as headings or subheadings...

E.g.
ESTABLISHING MARKETING OBJECTIVES:
These should be SMART. that is Specific, Measurable, Achieveable, Realisitc and Timed.
Then if you like define each and/or give examples
such as: increase market share etc...

Good luck mate and I hope that helped!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
In addition to what goan_crazy said:

The primary aim of Section IV is to illustrate what you know in terms of theory, with your case study/ies to back up what you have to say. It doesn't have to play a large role in your response...maybe 15-20% of it will be references to your case study/ies, with the remainder being pure theory.

Pace_T

HSC
hmm so say for the section of pricing for the elements of a marketing plan (i nthe strategies)
do i define all methods and strategies of pricing and then discuss the one's my case study has used?
that's too much writing for me but..
i thought i would just have ot mention the methods and strategies
and then discuss the ones the case study applies to

thansk.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
The theory comes before the case study. Even if your case study doesn't cover that area, you should still mention the theory. But try to use your case study as much as possible, particularly for marketing...you can actually come up with a lot of the information yourself, just through general knowledge (if you're using a well-known business for your case study).

For instance, you know that Qantas advertises in newspapers and online. They have a budget airline called Jetstar which uses a combo of a price penetration strategy and a meet-the-competition method of pricing etc etc.

I'm afraid that in spite of how much writing you require, you should attempt to cover every part and sub-part i.e. Branding, Positioning and Packaging for Product; Strategies and Methods for Pricing etc.

Pace_T

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
The theory comes before the case study. Even if your case study doesn't cover that area, you should still mention the theory. But try to use your case study as much as possible, particularly for marketing...you can actually come up with a lot of the information yourself, just through general knowledge (if you're using a well-known business for your case study).

For instance, you know that Qantas advertises in newspapers and online. They have a budget airline called Jetstar which uses a combo of a price penetration strategy and a meet-the-competition method of pricing etc etc.

I'm afraid that in spite of how much writing you require, you should attempt to cover every part and sub-part i.e. Branding, Positioning and Packaging for Product; Strategies and Methods for Pricing etc.
but if i were to write out all that theory (e.g. branding, postioning etc) i would only be able to define it (as any more would be WAYY too much to write). i was just thinking to write out the basic definition of 'product' and identifying the 3 subheadings (positioning etc) and then DEFINE the ones that apply to the case study as i discuss them
when i look at the example responses they barely mention any theory in the marketing strategies for the extended responses
but im still not too sure..

thanks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Pace_T said:
but if i were to write out all that theory (e.g. branding, postioning etc) i would only be able to define it (as any more would be WAYY too much to write). i was just thinking to write out the basic definition of 'product' and identifying the 3 subheadings (positioning etc) and then DEFINE the ones that apply to the case study as i discuss them
For both Sections III and IV, you should be looking to write 1300+ words though it depends on how much time you dedicate to the first two sections. Given that you'll probably have at least 45 minutes for each one, I think 1300 words is appropriate for that amount of time. If the question only asks about marketing strategies and nothing else, then you have about 300 words to deal with each of the 4Ps + 100 for an Executive Summary (imo, a Situational Analysis isn't really necessary for Section IV). If you're discussing Product, for instance, then dedicating ~100 words to each sub-part (Branding etc.) should suffice (including one or two sentences in reference to your case study).

Pace_T said:
when i look at the example responses they barely mention any theory in the marketing strategies for the extended responses
but im still not too sure..
A good Section IV response must refer to a case study throughout, but it plays a relatively small role in comparison to the theory.

In regards to the example responses you read...what did they mention in the response? What did they talk about? Btw. if you have a copy of the sample response and/or the actual question then feel free to post it up so that I can look at it more closely.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

HSC
Stop worrying Pace_T
just answer the question and ull be hot ;)

Pace_T

HSC
lol thx
its the sample band 5/6 responses for q27 of 2001 paper in general business studies resource section

goan_crazy

HSC
Pace_T said:
lol thx
its the sample band 5/6 responses for q27 of 2001 paper in general business studies resource section
Ive never seen any of those responses. That was how some random interpreted the question.
How do they help you? They don't :)
Your answer will be totally different.

Pace_T

HSC
hmmphhf
wel i done my exam today
i had 2 hours to do extended responses
i spent 1 hour on each q and 10 pages (hsc sized) for each question
in sec. 4 i basically outlined theory and then added qantas shit in there somewhere
hmmphhf i hope i come first

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Without Wings said:
I'm sure you did great. You used theory as well as providing examples by integrating your case study in. Good Luck in getting your results back.
Second that.
From what I can gather you should be set for a good mark Pace_T :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)