Useless teacher or boring subject? (2 Viewers)

del

HSC
N/A
Man, that is stupid if the photocopies they give you are only from the Heinemann textbook.....

We get stuff from all over the place... even uni notes..on the SDLC (they were a bit too complex though I must say)...which reminds...me, I better read that book I got loaned....

Theres some good books related to IPT if you can borrow them of your teacher/school whatever. The Victoria curriculum has some course similar to this, and their books pretty okay, so's Fundamentals of Information Systems...

Nelly

To study, I have the notes from last year's conference on IPT (I think it was USYD), which goes over each subject briefly. It's good, and it's not from Heinemann.

del

HSC
N/A
Yeah Excel is good too, but I wouldn't count just on it... basically some of the stuff not covered/covered properly..in the Heinemann are covered better in the Excel..... so if you put the two books together....

Nelly

Dapto huh, riiitte, hehe just kidding. I got Smith's Hill, and no, it's not as nerdy as you think.

natalie

haha i have a few friends that go to your school

i was going to go there too!

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
Aint that funny, im from there as well!!
... Sorry ...

How did a thread about the waste of time IPT is turn into a dating theatre???

hUnNi

HSC
heYa
i was wondering if neone had ne notes or websites for notes or nething at all to do with automated maunfacturing systems!..the topic is really hard!.. pLz help

Thanxx!! ;)

hUnNi

HSC
yEHh it is hard!!.. :mad: dats y i need heLp!..
:(
its stuf to do with manufacturing, production, robotics etc..

:( :(

SmOkeY

Yeh we got stuffed around in our IPT class as well. Our teacher has been very sick and so we've had around 4 or 5 teachers in the last 3 terms.

And YEs, ipt is a piss easy bludger course :)

Nelly

True, you might spend most of the time surfin the net, but it's not all fun and games during the exam...:p

Dario

HSC
Yeah, we copied down notes off the white board that the teacher had summarised from the Heinemann textbook as well.

xarg

BUBZ :D
HSC
time for me to throw in a few more of my comments
i've skimmed over what other people have been saying...

there are many problems with this course though most of them aren't due to the syllabus .. schools aren't equipped with teachers that can teach the subject properly and also students whinge about the course not being as practical as they thought it would be so they don't put in any effort. THAT is why there are so few people in band 6 for IPT. I mean i know i didn't put in much effort at all for ipt, it was right near the bottom of my priority list but that was because i knew i could do well in it anyway, and i got 85 in the hsc exam for it. you don't exactly enjoy maths either but you study for it and all that sort of thing, why not study for something equally boring like ipt and do really well?
another two cents dropped into the box..

Mercurial

Personally i believe that the IPT course is badly designed. And the fact that my teacher is computer illiterate (and generally stupid) does not help matters.

Off the topic, do u know if there are more lectures/seminars like the Sydney Uni ones? If so do u know where, when etc....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)