Using a drama piece for belonging related text (1 Viewer)

katoji

HSC
If I choose to do a play, do I only talk about the script? Would they accept it if I talked about the dramatic conventions of when it was being performed, like e.g. how I saw the lighting, the sound, and the positioning of characters?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, sure... If you want to fail.
You have to make quotes and take evidence from the text. I.e. Get the transcript and fucking quote the stage directions!!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If I choose to do a play, do I only talk about the script? Would they accept it if I talked about the dramatic conventions of when it was being performed, like e.g. how I saw the lighting, the sound, and the positioning of characters?
If it is a stage version of the script, you need to include things like lighting/sound/staging. If it's just the script, you only need to write about what's written in the script. This includes stage directions, delivery, any writing techniques (especially for post-modern playwrights like Heiner Muller or Howard Barker etc.), and of course the dialogue.

katoji

HSC
Thanks. @ Riproot, hey, of course I don't want to fail. That's why I asked.

I've never dealt with writing about a drama piece. Plays often don't have stage directions at all, but I saw a production of a certain script and wanted to use their ones. But of course, they weren't written down in the script. So I wasn't sure.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've never dealt with writing about a drama piece. Plays often don't have stage directions at all, but I saw a production of a certain script and wanted to use their ones. But of course, they weren't written down in the script. So I wasn't sure.
My advice is if you've never written about a drama before would be not to do it. Also, you would have to talk about the specific production with directors names and date and place if you mentioned their stage directions and shit rather than the original. Also plays ALWAYS have stage directions. You don't use their scripts, they would've been made up for that particular performance and wouldn't reflect the original transcript. Go and buy one online if you're going to do this or go to a library or something. But if you have a good teacher I would suggest asking them about this and if not go to a good teacher and ask them about it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My advice is if you've never written about a drama before would be not to do it. Also, you would have to talk about the specific production with directors names and date and place if you mentioned their stage directions and shit rather than the original.
Only if your referring to a particular staged work. A script works as a valid text.

Also plays ALWAYS have stage directions.
No, they don't.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Only if your referring to a particular staged work. A script works as a valid text.
No, they don't.
you're*
Yes they do, whether they be verbal from the director or written in the transcript they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)