Using different coloured pens in discovery creative writing for impact? (1 Viewer)

obentley

HSC
Can we use 2 different coloured pens (blue/black) to show a distinction between 2 points in time in our discovery creative writing piece?
E.G. black pen to show inner thoughts and then blue pen to show being back in reality?
I know it's scanned in black and white but you'd still notice a change

atargainz

HSC
I don't see why not if it's just black and blue, can't use other colours though. If you want to show inner thought vs reality use italics or something

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
The scanning could be done in black and white, in which case using different colours would be pointless. The change in colour may just be interpreted as ink running out or something. But yes, you are allowed to change colour, I'm pretty sure.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
The scanning could be done in black and white, in which case using different colours would be pointless. The change in colour may just be interpreted as ink running out or something. But yes, you are allowed to change colour, I'm pretty sure.
You can it just looks bad though. That said they do scan.

leehuan

HSC
When I bought my exams they looked like they were in blue ink. Not a dark grey colour. So I'm not too sure about that scanning in black and white business.

Unless the exams I buy aren't the same coloured exams the examiners got to mark?

Personally, I don't see the point of this though.

obentley

HSC
Thanks everyone for your help!
I'll just stick with black then.
I'm sure the marker will understand that it's changing -- I think I've just read it so much that I'm over analysing.
Happy studying!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Thanks everyone for your help!
I'll just stick with black then.
I'm sure the marker will understand that it's changing -- I think I've just read it so much that I'm over analysing.
Happy studying!
Do the traditional thing with time lapses - The three asterisks in the middle of the page to separate the paragraphs

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They scan in blue and white - which is why they recommend a black pen as it scans darker than even a blue pen when it comes out in blue (and having struggled with a number of blue pen scans over the last two years it is noticeable when the different coloured pen comes up).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't know about in English but as a way to make an emphasis with colour being less an option I don't see why it would be a problem (I am a History teacher not English by the way and tell my students to underline their use of the required sources - as much for their own benefit as the markers but still tell them to do it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)